test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion that is just so OP

raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Guys,

i have just look at the companion that cost 3000 Zen 2 of them

1.the rock pet and the brown bear

which one is better?

how bout comparing them to acolyte and priest which is better?

so i can grind pve very easy

my class is rigue so hard cos rogue doesn't have aoe skill right?

where GWP has auto AOE .

=.=

Regards guys
Post edited by raynkeyyzzzzz on

Comments

• Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Companions? I am level 13 and I do not even have one. If we do get them but can only purchase them and not be given them, i might as well go back to STO lol
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    highonwaterhighonwater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can get companions easily without buying them. at level 16 you will get a quest to go to the companion store and I believe you get a companion token. even without that, it only cost something like 1 silver and 50 bronze to buy a level 1 companion and those guys are pretty good
  • Options
    dresden00dresden00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The generic cleric companion is really good but unfortunately currently caps at 15.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a Rouge I personally prefer the "Guardian Fighter" type. For the expensive Z-Store items that would be the Earth Elemental creature ( I cannot for the life of me spell the name of that thing, so I won't even try). It has good defence and Threat Generation, as well as a Ranged attack, and, I think, an AoE (not positive on that one, maybe others know better).
    Just my Two Coppers Worth.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    grinchqtgrinchqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Phoera is the way too go, if u r lucky and get one :)

btw. the idea with Companion Skins is just great, reminds me on smth like Pokemon, where the different Skins showing the grow up of ur companion in lvl's.
    Lvl 30 Phoera skin just too good. :D
  • Options
    inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During the betas I tried multiple companion pets. The zen was going to be reimbursed so why not? :)
    The Acolyte of Kelemvor is great for the TR. It gives you a shield buff that reduces all damage by 10% and a life steal buff that returns life based on the damage done. As a TR you do a ton of damage. I use her now in live, and I never die. Hell, I don't even use pots anymore. She's just that good. I stay away from damage pets as they currently have horrible attack speed imo. The tank pets are great for solo, but in dungeons they split mobs too often and cause more chaos than needed (Again, imo). End game, I'm definitely using either the cat/ioun stone + bonus stats route or stick with the Acolyte for survival in tough dungeons. Anyway, good luck on whatever you pick :)
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dog is fine . he is free at 16 .
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    grinchqt wrote: »
    Phoera is the way too go, if u r lucky and get one :)

They are only 450k AD in the auction house, which is about 1000 Zen at current exchange rates. That makes them the cheapest tier 3 companion. (Since the exchange rate goes down, they will get relatively more expensive as time goes by.)

For a rogue I would use the cleric you get at level 16. I still use her with my CW (57 at the moment) because even though she dies every second fight, she still uses percentage-based heals on you. If they sold a proper healer in the Zen store, I would have bought it already.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In game companions are 2g in live.. beyond the one you get from questing..

For TR I'd go with the Tank companion, just to provide you with constant Combat Advantage (if you have damage coming from two different directions on the monster)

If you're going to buy from zen store, the ioun stone is great when you're playing with a partner (so you still get the combat advantage).. Ioun stone gives you all it's stats as bonuses to your stats.. and it can't be killed.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    They are only 450k AD in the auction house, which is about 1000 Zen at current exchange rates. That makes them the cheapest tier 3 companion. (Since the exchange rate goes down, they will get relatively more expensive as time goes by.)

For a rogue I would use the cleric you get at level 16. I still use her with my CW (57 at the moment) because even though she dies every second fight, she still uses percentage-based heals on you. If they sold a proper healer in the Zen store, I would have bought it already.

That's assuming their price doesn't continue to plummet, I'd bet money it will. They were 800k just the other day, and I saw a couple for ~350k last I was on. Price is going to continue to drop until nightmare boxes are removed, then it will skyrocket.

I agree on the cleric. Seriously the best pet in the game, for every class. Hopefully the upgrade scrolls are really coming soon, they've already started removing other "coming soon" references (like the 20v20 PvP map stuff).
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    That's assuming their price doesn't continue to plummet, I'd bet money it will. They were 800k just the other day, and I saw a couple for ~350k last I was on. Price is going to continue to drop until nightmare boxes are removed, then it will skyrocket.

Good point. People do dump them too cheap, and if one person does, others just undercut so that in the end no one really makes any actual profit. I think for under $10 they are an excellent pet, though. Just takes ages to train them up. (I wish active, but not summoned, companions gained XP if the one that us out is at its max rank. Currently, I swap companions every time I turn in a quest, then go back to the cleric.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cat or Ioun stone. THey don't fight and give you straight out stat boosts, making your DPS insane.