test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please stop the ads for opening lockboxes

bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We understand. People get some burning horse in them. We don't care. You guys have replaced the gold spammers with admin spammers. It is getting very annoying.
Post edited by bardmedicine11 on

Comments

• labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But I want everyone to know when I get my pony :(
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agreed
    /signed
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There has already been threads on this. Consensus, they will not stop the spamming because they want you to want to open your lock boxes thus making you buy keys.
  • serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is standard practice across all the Cryptic games.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can turn off the alerts, though.
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We understand. People get some burning horse in them. We don't care. You guys have replaced the gold spammers with admin spammers. It is getting very annoying.

I completely agree, & it usually bumps something off my chat window that I wanted to see. Perhaps if chat scrolling were a bit more friendly (like UP and DOWN arrows maybe, instead of a crippled slider) I wouldn't mind so much but the slider is HORRIBLE.
    labbb wrote: »
    But I want everyone to know when I get my pony :(

Tell you what, when you get your pony, you can shout it in zone chat. Heck, you can go to every zone you have access to & shout it in zone chat.
    alacrityf wrote: »
    You can turn off the alerts, though.

Oh really? DO TELL!!!!!???????
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turn alerts off simple.

Diametrically, when I got my inferno nightmare tonight I received six hate tells two of which contained real life threats, so how about this..

Full account wipes and bans for players who do this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before they stop posting ads hmmm?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I certainly hope you reported them & where exactly do I turn off alerts? Since I had no idea that I could, it's obviously not quite that simple. I'm sorry that you're upset over the hate tells, but please if you're going to answer a question, then give an answer, not a smart alec response. Also, if they hadn't posted that ad, you'd never have gotten hate tells in the first place, so that's more of a reason TO turn them off, than to keep them on.
    edited May 2013
    ladyshaie1 wrote: »
    I certainly hope you reported them & where exactly do I turn off alerts? Since I had no idea that I could, it's obviously not quite that simple. I'm sorry that you're upset over the hate tells, but please if you're going to answer a question, then give an answer, not a smart alec response. Also, if they hadn't posted that ad, you'd never have gotten hate tells in the first place, so that's more of a reason TO turn them off, than to keep them on.

I did, but that and five bucks will buy you a small flavored coffee at starbucks

Hit alt to get your cursor right click on the gear on the left hand tab of the chat box the boxes are there uncheck alerts

I could also say to the people who keep asking this, how about doing a search on the forums before going on a rant about alerts? "That's saying it in a nice way I could get much more "smart alecky" if you wish?

And since you can turn them off do that instead of harassing players in game.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats easy theres a gear top left of the chat window click that then take a tick out of alerts or zone or anything else you dont want
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can turn off the big alert message, but you can't remove the chat message. At least they removed the @handle part of the message. In STO when I got a couple of lockbox ships, I was spammed by a dozen of messages of people trying to buy it off of me. Now if I get a mount, then people won't be trying to buy it off of me for less than its worth.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My brother won HoTN pack from lock boxes i didn't know we can win that pack from lock boxes :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    You can turn off the big alert message, but you can't remove the chat message. At least they removed the @handle part of the message. In STO when I got a couple of lockbox ships, I was spammed by a dozen of messages of people trying to buy it off of me. Now if I get a mount, then people won't be trying to buy it off of me for less than its worth.

They can still send you tells if they have show your cryptic handle enabled
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for the responses, I'll turn those off when I'm back in game again. Does anyone know the $$ to Zen amount? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a game card or not so I can purchase keys, but I don't feel that $1.25 for a key is worth it.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is standard practice across all the Cryptic games.

Not quite.

CO doesn't have anything truly 'epic' coming out of their lockboxes, so the game doesn't announce it at all when someone gets the best drop.

STO reports it like it does in NW, except you can turn it off (click the down arrow on the minimap and remove the game telling you about alerts and such).

No doubt we're stuck with the annoyance for a long while.
    edited May 2013
    I did, but that and five bucks will buy you a small flavored coffee at starbucks

Hit alt to get your cursor right click on the gear on the left hand tab of the chat box the boxes are there uncheck alerts

I could also say to the people who keep asking this, how about doing a search on the forums before going on a rant about alerts? "That's saying it in a nice way I could get much more "smart alecky" if you wish?

And since you can turn them off do that instead of harassing players in game.

First off, I did not start this thread, I merely responded to it. I came here to make bug reports & that's what I have been doing. Secondly, I have not & have never harrassed ANYONE in ANY game, so where do you come off accusing me of such? You got a horse, goody for you. It's not a life-changing experience for me, nor does it matter to me all that much.
    edited May 2013
    ladyshaie1 wrote: »
    First off, I did not start this thread, I merely responded to it. I came here to make bug reports & that's what I have been doing. Secondly, I have not & have never harrassed ANYONE in ANY game, so where do you come off accusing me of such? You got a horse, goody for you. It's not a life-changing experience for me, nor does it matter to me all that much.

Sorry but you really need to work on reading comprehension, No one said you started the thread and I never accused you of anything. You misread my first post as being smart alec when it wasn't and now you are saying that I said you were harassing people.

No one said it was life changing stop being so melodramatic. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    i just want rid of the thing its taking space up in my bags can you find the keys at all or is it just a cash grab if so its very obtrusive on gameplay
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a cash grab.. It's a way for them to support future development, and yes generate some profit, for the game. That's one of the things you have to come to expect from a free to play game. It's only as obtrusive as you want it to be. I barely notice them.

Anyway as of now you can't discard them which is rather annoying. However you can sell them on the auction house.
  • draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do people even care? and people who send hate /tell? really? what is wrong with people?
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They should announce who doesn't have one at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    i know they have to make money but theres better ways to do it then this and you should be able to discard
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ads?
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we turn off the alerts won't we miss the important messages admin is supposed to tell us?