test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give me a Spear, please!

phantasma4phantasma4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'd like to nip this in the bud before the game releases fully. I'd like it if the dev's(i hope y'all read this)Give us spears. Why is it so many fantasy games, almost all of them, in fact, don't include spears? Its not like the spear is a unique weapon. Every country in the world EVER used spears. I'd really love it if this game was different. I likes my sword on a stick. Also poleaxes. Those are cool, too.
Post edited by phantasma4 on

Comments

• encalenencalen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes please. I love spears. I will be terribly disappointed if i cannot play with a spear.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the sake variety, yes. Too many games lack that as a weapon option. Even single player games.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with this they have a hard time giving us different armor skins and whatnot.... I am so sick and tired of looking at my TR and seeing friggin Zorro.

zorro_by_virtuaangel-d57uh7r.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly after years of no Spear in DDO (most other fantasy games also don't include spears) I don't think we get Spear or any other polearm. The biggest problem with spear is that it needs new animation, and i don't think Cryptic will be eager to get new ones...

Also what class could use spears? Druids? Druids will get scimitars (their other lore weapon)...
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Path of exile has polearms i think :), and a staff that looks like a spear somewhat :p, but true it gets overlooked a lot. And i imagine it would be a primary weapon for a striker do....
    I am pretty sure they wil add different weapon styles to characters, it just wont be as fast as most of the people desire it to be :p
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • kyafoxkyafox Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree...the rogue especially if you are female, isn't great.