test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Waved Encounters

johnnyallenjohnnyallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up a waved encounter.

I have tried to set up one to spawn after the other encounter, which works great, but there is no quest update.. When I add them to a kill encounter, it removes the staggered spawn..

My current work around is setting up multiple quests, one starting after the other like; Kill enemy 0/2 -> kill enemy 1/2. but naturally, this wont update properly, because after fighting kill enemy 1/2 the quest will show on screen "kill enemy 1/2 complete"

anyway, this may be a bit too advanced for me, or I'm just not thinking about it the right way.. anyone able to share some insight?

Thank you in Advance.

Comments

• Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a wave encounter in my "Prologue" quest. Its the last part of the castle.

What I did to set this up was I set up 4 different kill portions.

I titled each like "...the first wave..." etc etc,

I set up each encounter to be "Visable when objective is in progress" and selected the proper objective for each.

For the player it looks like a waved encounter of attacking mobs, as each wave will only spawn when it's objective is in progress. The Quest tracker updates with each wave, since each is a separate encounter reading in their quest tracker as "Defeat the first wave of attacking undead."

All the way to "Defeat the finale wave of undead."

Each encounter was labled the same, so each read "Defend the Stables against the attacking undead." above each substep.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    johnnyallenjohnnyallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is pretty much exactly how I set mine up, i was wondering if I was missing something.. But i guess a lot of the who creation process is just being as creative as possible with what you want to do.