test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ctrl Keybind ... I'm the only one?

camadascamadas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi i was wondering if I'm the only one that complains about not being able to change the keybind of lock target ... since its on Ctrl and I use this key as push to talk on TS, as I use for years all ready ...

Why it is not possible to do this? Or any one knows a manual way do to this ( change files for it )?
Post edited by camadas on

Comments

• Options
    rippsavagerippsavage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I reported this weeks ago and still no fix.

I find it truly astounding that nobody from staff etc. has mentioned this problem before considering a good portion of gamers use L-Ctrl as their chat bind.

I also find it a bit disheartening that they haven't responded to this issue, at least from what I've seen. It truly boggles my mind. Just put in an option to change that key-bind, is that so difficult?

C'mon guys, get to work on this issue, it's important.

Thanks.
    SOLA_Signature_zpsce14d8b8.gif
  • Options
    eq2imoraeq2imora Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was unaware there was even a lock target bind.

Shows how much attention I pay. Yes, please. Let us change this. My Vent PTT key is left control. :(
  • Options
    mistafisttmistafistt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're not the only one. I have to rebind my ptt key every time I play. They should really allow this action to be rebound.
    The only way out, is through.
  • Options
    frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat. It drives me crazy crazy crazy!!! Please unlock this.
  • Options
    andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    There is a work around to disable it. In keybindings bind the L CNTRL key to anything else, then unbind it and it will not longer lock target. Although now you can't use the lock target ability as there is no keybind for it.
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe try a "/bind Control +svPushToTalk" chat command?

On the other hand, I haven't been able how to reset Control back to Target Lock without setting everything back to default. The camera lock commands I found (like HardTargetLock) seem to be of the 0/1 parameter variety.
  • Options
    camadascamadas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it seams I'm not the only one ...

When the server are on, fr0gurt, i will be trying what u have write, to see if there is a good work arround for it ... since i don't want to lose the lockcamera and don't want to change the push to talk key either.

Thanks for the help guys
  • Options
    derewenderewen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    map it to something else (ctrl) then remove it, this leads to lost of a focus since there isn't mapping for it...but you are free to go :)
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    When would you want to lock target? im asking as a newbie
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you are Cleric for example and want to heal particular target.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    steinz0rsteinz0r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rasmusep wrote: »
    When would you want to lock target? im asking as a newbie

When there's lots of mobs/players on your screen you might want to just attack one of them. If they're running around and dancing with their mob friends, it's easy to lose them. Holding Left-Ctrl locks your view onto them (notice, holding) so you can attack them. It's worth noting this doesn't allow you to jump by default (**** Foundry keybinds!). Also, you can lock on to friendlies too. You know, in case you want to stalk them ingame.. I mean.. heal them!
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?127741-Left-Control-(Auto-Lock-on)/page3&highlight=list
    hithereyou wrote: »
    This is not normally my department, but I happen to know we have a bug report for this issue. It's marked post-launch, though, I which I think means it might get into the first post-launch patch. I'm not completely sure.

Dave

He is the lead graphics designer, hence him saying it isn't normally his department.

Obviously we are a bit past the first patch but we do know its on their to do list.
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I use the tilda key as a talk key for Teamspeak. My reasoning behind this is that in FPS games, control is crouch, and I've gotton used to that. The tilda is rarely bound to anything, and it's fairly easy to hit while you're moving around or cramming your other hotkeys.
  • Options
    sylverthegnomesylverthegnome Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do rebind the left control key to another function be aware that the right control will still function as a target lock. I assume it works vice versa as well.
  • Options
    envegileenvegile Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do rebind the left control key to another function be aware that the right control will still function as a target lock. I assume it works vice versa as well.

^^^ best answer =)