test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And now for something completely different - Good job Cryptic and thank you!

lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Good job Cryptic on a fairly smooth launch. Honestly compared to some of the other ones I have been in, this is just awesome.
Post edited by lexthegreat on

Comments

• Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a side note, anyone on here actually watch the Defiance TV show? If not - you should.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah the Defailance launch was unbelievably bad. Days of not being able to play, key exploits, and more hacks than you can imagine.
    Developer support was also non existent.

Show rocks too. Can't wait for more, but I am done with the game.
  • Options
    wythore210wythore210 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunatly here in Portugal our Syfy channel doesn't broadcast this series, what is it about? P.S: I only pay for the channel to watch Game of Thrones and Doctor Who though :P
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and_now_its_time_for_something_completely_different.jpg
  • Options
    cronabbcronabb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have to pay a game and be able to play, instead of having it free but broken lol.
    Seriously, your launcher is like the buggiest thing I ever seen.
    Fix that ****.
  • Options
    novakaynnovakayn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the show and the game. I do not play as much as I used to so, having a number of different options out there with no real requirement to play is nice. I always felt a monthly sub was a requirement to play as much as possible to get your moneys worth.

The game is fun for what it is. For some reason I get more of a immersion feel from it than most games. I think because I usually play it for a day or two after watching the TV show. :)

So far this game is pretty fun. It has promise once they get through the long queue issue and possibly the server login one. I have only been able to get a Wizzie up to11 and only just tinkered with a tank. So far I like what I see and outside the long queues I have not found any major bug. I do wish the Wizzie had some more AoE stuff but, he is supposed to be a controller I believe.
  • Options
    harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cronabb wrote: »
    I'd rather have to pay a game and be able to play, instead of having it free but broken lol.
    Seriously, your launcher is like the buggiest thing I ever seen.
    Fix that ****.

u sir just won
    4321274439094417787324.gif
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am very happy :)

But please don't change my panther . He is a great tank . Shure maybe a little slow in normal fights , but he shines in boss fights . He can hold agro so I can get combat advantage . And since I'm a GWF , my weakness is boss one on one fights .
    For example the dog which is a striker , he dies too fast in boss fights . And his knock down only works if he has combat advantage . I need the advantage not him .
    I use both and I by far prefer the panther in boss fights .
  • Options
    sanguinedsanguined Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few problems I have with the game so far:
    1: Little class choice. Rogue, shield warrior, broken 2h warrior, damage/control caster, damage/healing caster is all we have atm. D&D is all about how much choice you have, so I hope new ones will be added soon.
    2: Ping is still quite a problem for me.
    3: Here and there things could be made a little more clear.

Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Not a stellar game, not an incredibly good game even. But still better than what I expected. I'd class it as 'decent enough to be fun' right now, which is quite a bit up from my previous 'looks like another generic action mmorpg'.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wythore210 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly here in Portugal our Syfy channel doesn't broadcast this series, what is it about? P.S: I only pay for the channel to watch Game of Thrones and Doctor Who though :P

Can you watch through this link? It's on SyFy's web page.
    Its basically Star Wars, but centered on a Han Solo type character.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sanguined wrote: »
    A few problems I have with the game so far:
    1: Little class choice. Rogue, shield warrior, broken 2h warrior, damage/control caster, damage/healing caster is all we have atm. D&D is all about how much choice you have, so I hope new ones will be added soon.
    2: Ping is still quite a problem for me.
    3: Here and there things could be made a little more clear.

Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Not a stellar game, not an incredibly good game even. But still better than what I expected. I'd class it as 'decent enough to be fun' right now, which is quite a bit up from my previous 'looks like another generic action mmorpg'.

Very well said. Plus it's a lot more fun that Turbines effort. Not quite the D&D game I hoped for, but better than I expected.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Very well said. Plus it's a lot more fun that Turbines effort. Not quite the D&D game I hoped for, but better than I expected.

I actually like that game. LotRO too. But yes, this one is a lot more fun to play.