test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make a "Founders Day"

Comments

• floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the founder's pack, can we get top hats, monocles, and canes?
  • sehaasehaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like a legit idea..... thanks for the post
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    floredon wrote: »

....if this becomes the case, I may just have to pay them to endlessly beta another PW title. Everything is better with a top hat and monocle.

1800128-1340431034.jpg
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Altough this thread may very well pass by without the sarcasm being noted, it's a genuine feeling going around when reading the ingame chat or forum.
    It seems to me that one of the untold offers of the founders pack was a "Token of Immense-sense-of-entitlement".

Not many can see that what they paid for was for the items are some dollars worth of AD's. They also got a boost to the queue (that's a pretty good offer atm). All that was meant to Support the game development.

In the long run, anyone that paid the $200 will be as much of a free player than anyone that didn't pay that value at start (does not mean that free player won't spend even more than those that bought the $200 pack).

People need to understand that NW is a free-to-play game by definition, not a Buy-to-play.
    We're on the first days of Open Beta and the entitlement feeling of some people is already making the community look pretty bad.

Note that $200 can be more than half of a monthly pay (or worst) for many around the world.
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Can i get a cleric gerbil that goes 'NYEEEEE!!' instead of the 'Magical pointy hat with a D' on it?

:rolleyes:

Finn mah drunk sup man. No you can get beer to drown your sorrows :D
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i was going to buy the founders pack, but then changed my mind.

seekcodes_228_5896.jpg
  • trekofpltrekofpl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the F2P and guardians, who do you think GM will favour in a dispute, the nobles or the sewer-boys? Its not rocket science, its common sense.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was going to buy the founders pack, but then changed my mind.

seekcodes_228_5896.jpg

I got the pack, then PWE happened.
    bilge.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    floredon wrote: »
    I'd rather that those that don't buy founders packs must be forced to spend one day per week pulling about a rickshaw occupied by both a founder and his mount of choice, whilst the founder is provided free rotten fruit with which to pelt the peasant with.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the F2P and guardians, who do you think GM will favour in a dispute, the nobles or the sewer-boys? Its not rocket science, its common sense.

Most likely none of the above. After few months anyway.
    Been there. Seen that.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekofpl wrote: »

I have PWE shares wut that make me?*

*The answer to that is stupid....very very stupid :<
  • edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just because you splashed out $200 doesn't make you "noble" or it doesn't make those who did not "filth"
    there are many players that will spend much more than that without buying those founder packs.

Having a day for only founders would be rather silly and it also seems most of them are complete idiots like yourself.
  • nexus7000nexus7000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We had our Founders time in the closed Betas this is now Open Beta. How many times do you want to start new characters that will soon again ultimatley be wiped very soon, give the rest of the world a chance to try out the game. It should be us as Founders that now step back, prepare content for the foundry, prepare for our early entry into the real game and encourage more players to join us.
    edited May 2013
    Founders should recieve a tax of no less than 15% off any vendoring and auctioneering transactions performed by thier inferiors. At the end of the day the sum is divided and mailed speedily to said founders, before the VIP tavern revelries begin.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Mods need to lock this and throw it away in the lower depths.
    edited May 2013
    i say we throw mandodo69 into the lower depths instead, this thread is pure win.
  • nefertis28nefertis28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gaurdians.. your the janitors or servers. jk
    LMAO your comment made my day
  • xodthemanxodtheman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Founders should recieve a tax of, no less than 15% off any vendoring, and auctioneering transactions performed by thier inferiors. At the end of the day the sum is divided and mailed speedily to said founders, before the VIP tavern revelries begin.

Splendid idea. I hope they take note of these suggestions. I never thought of the tax for founders-suggestion, it would definatly balance the game and reward players accordingly as deserved
    /Xodi, leader of Bandits guild

Induction ID: 4100150G070804082002110S3e3fb2
    Use it when you make a new char, get free VIP-items and friendadd me and I'll help w/ questions you may have and such. [US EAST SERVER ONLY]
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey how about this......lets having entitled rankings base on the amount of money you spend on a game. The person who spends the most is the god emperor followed by the nobles and on down the chain till you get to peons. The god emperor gets to run around with a giant epic purple staff of epeen manhood enlargement........oh yeah no girls can play.

Just as silly as the OP's idea :)
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    i say we throw mandodo69 into the lower depths instead, this thread is pure win.
    Stop trolling. All this thread is doing is insulting everybody who did not buy a Hero of the North pack.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Stop trolling. All this thread is doing is insulting everybody who did not buy a Hero of the North pack.

Actually, many of the posts are making light of the idea that purchasers of the pack are somehow better than those that did not purchase the pack, through the use of sarcasm and reduction to absurdity.
  • amphrax85amphrax85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got to be kidding me...
  • nefertis28nefertis28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    procedural wrote: »
    . He doesn't even have a "HotN" forum tag. Well played, sir.
    ikr, some people take things way too seriously smh..
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    founders day sounds fun.

Does it grant free beers and chips at local bars ;)
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is not even a guardian, he's clearly being sarcastic. :P
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Op might have both packs ...
    And choose to show the other pack / or be sarcastic.

Anyhow i like this game so far, besides that a little bored -> and laughing at some off the silly coments inhere.

See you ingame soon, hopefully.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • piyusohpiyusoh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

Do you not sense the sarcasm in the OP? This is,on the contrary, an insult to the people who paid the game and expect royalty treatment.
  • batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Want anything else? Maybe a dwarf pet that follows you and spits on non founders as they walk by in town. There is the moonstone mask and all the rewards that already differentiated you from everyone else (spider mount etc)
  • xodthemanxodtheman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well seeing as the GM has not yet payed any attention to this suggestion, maybe we can simply put it to effect by ourselves if we all cooperate? Since friday is drawing close and I would really see Friday as the Founders Day. How we could do it for now is that if you are not a 200$ founder, you show us enough respect by not logging in tomorrow
    /Xodi, leader of Bandits guild

Induction ID: 4100150G070804082002110S3e3fb2
    Use it when you make a new char, get free VIP-items and friendadd me and I'll help w/ questions you may have and such. [US EAST SERVER ONLY]
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, excellent OP! Trolling in such a way that fools other into not seeing it is trolling.
    Congratulations, you are #EpicWin.

(yeah, seriously LOL)