test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about grouping up with a friend.

atr0xatr0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi guys,

So I have been searching for an answer, but when a friend and I were playing earlier we were able to group up and see each other's messages but couldn't actually see each other's toons. I was curious if this was a city thing (that's where we were trying to group) or were we doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Post edited by atr0x on

Comments

• phadedsilhouettephadedsilhouette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You didn't do anything wrong. You were likely in a different instance than your friend. You can change instances via the dark grey rune in the upper right hand corner of your mini map.
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suspect you were in different instances off the same area.
    Under map, in lower right corner. Press M for map.
    Therer are a change instance button, it also show what instance nr you are currently in.

It would be nice with intsnace number on minimap, but it isnt.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • atr0xatr0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I get it now. Thanks guys.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also right click your groupmate's portrait and if you have the option to change to his map instance, take it. If it's grayed out, as it sometimes is, get him to right click your portrait and choose it instead.