test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to change your @handle?

nesv1nesv1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there a way to change your @handle? For example, charactername@handle.

Now that I've seen how it's utilized ingame, I think I may want to change it. Is this possible?
Post edited by nesv1 on

Comments

• winabwinab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs to be addressed. Some of us would rather not have our in-game name permanently tied to an out-of-game account name, viewable by everyone.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I was searching for info on that today and found none..
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems somewhat of a security hole to me if they are letting anyone in game know your log in name.
  • lordquncagelordquncage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my experience I cannot login with the handle/account name for now, only email. But when and if handle login will be available it might cause security issues.
  • dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made my handle back when it was just Cryptic and it's different than even my forum name.
  • zanzuzanzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can have your @handle changed by sending in a support ticket, but you need to have a good reason for it like for security if your handle is the same as your login ID. Just send in a support ticket and a short list of possible @handle you would like to have since handles need to be unique.
  • antieconomyantieconomy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a separate handle and account name is cool, but should be able to change it like our passwords.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    It seems somewhat of a security hole to me if they are letting anyone in game know your log in name.

It should not be your log in name. If it is your log in name. They have been known to allow you to change it. Because it is a security issue. But as far as Im aware, this is the ONLY reason they will change it.