test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any Fixes coming to Gateway?

themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been having gateway issues where my profession timer will count down and then just sit there with a blank blue bar and not lot me cancel it or collect it.

If this has been adressed somewhere already I must have missed it.

Edit:
Also, is there going to be a fix to the Auction house level filter so it actually FILTERS out items? having to sift through 9 pages of many-arrows armor when looking for level 35+ gear is getting tedius
Post edited by themangroth on

Comments

• damond5damond5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me it seems like the gateway just takes a few extra minutes to realize that a profession timer is done.. no biggie, just be patient.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Reloading the page seems to help sometimes.
  • cordrin1cordrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reloading doesn't work for me. Logging out and back in does.
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've done both, I've sat on the page, and reloaded it many times.

Sometimes I've noticed opening it with a different browser works.

After I get through trying all the following if it hasn't triggered then it just sits there. I hit the reload button, I log out, log back in, switch characters.

PC: Chrome
    PC: Explorer
    Tablet: Chrome
    Tablet: Default Browser
    Tablet: Photon Browser
    Smart Phone: Chrome
    Smart Phone: Default Browser.

Is there mabe a different browser with a greater chance of sucess?

It should be noted that I am very thorough when it comes to problem solving, to a level of being obsessive.
  • inazuma74inazuma74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does not happen ALL the time, but probably 50% of the time. I will wait about 30-60s past the timer countdown, log out, then log back in and it usually resolves itself. I am using Firefox.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I can see in Gateway is the character list once you log in, you click on that and nothing. I have tried it in IE Chrome Firefox have updated java flash...still nothing.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be thankful you can even use the gateway. To this day, I still haven't been able to get past the character screen. It is due to my character name and I either need to pay $4 for a name change or continue to wait for a fix...
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    Be thankful you can even use the gateway. To this day, I still haven't been able to get past the character screen. It is due to my character name and I either need to pay $4 for a name change or continue to wait for a fix...

That's probably my issue as well I picked a Drow name from the old FR 2nd edition Book about them. for some reason it doesn't like it.
    :(
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you need to manually logout and then login again. Fixed completed task for me every time.

As for gateway vs. character names... they use charname directly in URL. So if there is space or apos I would check what url it generates and then try to fix it. Don't have special chars in name myself so don't know what it really generates to know more precise way to fix.
  • thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some other person said to get firebug and edit the character name with a / in front of the ' but when I tried that it still did not let me past the character screen. I will just keep waiting and hope they address the issue when they get around to it. I can't really complain since this is an extra perk separate from the game itself.
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    you need to manually logout and then login again. Fixed completed task for me every time.

That has worked for me sometimes, but not always.

EDIT: Gateway just went down for maintenance, so... fingers crossed I guess?
  • turftoeturftoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add a profession vendor to gateway.
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I found that just switching to mail or AH fixed it for me. I have some other issues though...

I placed Cloth Pants into the auction house last night after I made them, but they are not there now nor is there a message in the mail that they sold. I made another pair today but I am unable to place them into the AH because it says they're not there, even though they're in my bag AND I can place them into the AH window. My concern here is, are these items/tasks actually being completed or am I going to log into the game in a few here to find that nothing I did via the Gateway registered at all within the game? If this is the case... Well I have 3 hours into getting a second weaver that will be lost, along with the progress to level 3, many pieces of cloth, 2 pairs of pants & a set of sleeves.