test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15012 in Queue, Glad I paid $60 for this so all the freeloaders can play n i cant

Comments

• Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well as the title says this is unacceptable.

I confirmed with my mate on TS and he is 13000 something in the queue..

This keeps up a lot of players are going to leave and it will be another failed game at launch.

I understand it is a open beta and stress test etc, but I paid access so I could play ealier, yet here I sit not able to play due to a ridiculous queue.

1000-2000 in queue (2-5min wait time) would be acceptable but this is not....

Atleast open more slots so the queue moves faster so the server is still full for testing, but not so limited in spots it causes HUGE wait times.

First of all only those that paid $200 get to line jump.
    Second do you think insulting other community members who also have to wait in ques is going to get you any love or special treatment just for acting like a tool?
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but you didn't pay $60 for this game. It's free. You paid for things in the game, which did not include priority in queue.

It sucks, but those are the facts.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    prymevilprymevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    O.k. now try reading the first one

So, server lag is the same as queue length/wait times?
  • Options
    famousamos#6123 famousamos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well as the title says this is unacceptable.

I confirmed with my mate on TS and he is 13000 something in the queue..

This keeps up a lot of players are going to leave and it will be another failed game at launch.

I understand it is a open beta and stress test etc, but I paid access so I could play ealier, yet here I sit not able to play due to a ridiculous queue.

1000-2000 in queue (2-5min wait time) would be acceptable but this is not....

Atleast open more slots so the queue moves faster so the server is still full for testing, but not so limited in spots it causes HUGE wait times.

While I do agree the queue times are absurd, I think players who paid for the game are acting childish (and yes, I am one of those who bought the game for $60). I have not complained about the free players. I look at it this way, if they are in the game, they populate servers and increase chances of finding groups for skirmishes and dungeons which makes me happy.

I will say this, I think the Guardians should have received more preferential treatment in terms of being placed in the queue ahead of free players, but behind $200 paying players. It just seems a bit poor on PWE/Cryptic's end that they would not give Guardians more preferential treatment in the queue then the free players. It should go like this imo, HOTN purchasers to the front, Guardian Purchasers second, and free players following that.
  • Options
    areanna2areanna2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a f2p game and unless it was specified otherwise (as it was with the heroes of the north pack), we got everything we paid for already and are entitled to no special treatment!
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    prymevil2 wrote: »
    So, server lag is the same as queue length/wait times?

Being able to handle more people per server with better stability does yes. Or is reading for you really that hard?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    areanna2 wrote: »
    Its a f2p game and unless it was specified otherwise (as it was with the heroes of the north pack), we got everything we paid for already and are entitled to no special treatment!

While literally, your post is correct, and while Guardian purchasers did not get promised queue time treatment, I have to admit, as a Guardian purchaser, someone who spent money up front, it is pretty crappy PWE/Cryptic did not provide this for us. I am not asking to be put ahead of HoTN purchasers, but being put ahead of free players is certainly not unreasonable in terms of service.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability
    Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    bvknightbvknight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no "free" players in this game, because the game itself is "free" to play. At some point almost everyone will probably spend a few dollars on something, and then what's the difference between them and you? Do you think you're better than everyone else because you spent a lot of money at once, before the game launched?

People who bought HotN and Guardian packs were not "buying" a game, they were paying to receive certain advantages. Those advantages were early access, currency, and items. You have received all of those things. Stop complaining, get off your high-armored-horse, and deal with it.
  • Options
    lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know start thinking like a businessman The bigger the ques the better for PW to push more people to buy the heros of the north, and even if they can reduce the ques they won't for the reason i just gave you, it's all about money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mickeymad wrote: »
    i dont have nothing against people who payed to enter first. i have problems if this is done just to make want to pay. so devs, can you please explain me how it is possible to have 15000 persons in queue every minute? In my point of view,they are entering the game and leaving it to go back to queue right? I dont believe there are 15000 persons trying to log in at the same time, there is no one in the servers? But it is a good way to make us wish to have those packs. I wait ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KpMLGC70Q
    It is possible because PWE underestimated the amount of players that would be hiting up the game. Neverwinter nights had a massive following add the mmo group to that mix and then dont add enough servers and look what you get.
  • Options
    prymevilprymevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Being able to handle more people per server with better stability does yes. Or is reading for you really that hard?

Then why wouldn't the patch notes directly address the queue issue? ie: "Queue length issues are being addressed."
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    While literally, your post is correct, and while Guardian purchasers did not get promised queue time treatment, I have to admit, as a Guardian purchaser, someone who spent money up front, it is pretty crappy PWE/Cryptic did not provide this for us. I am not asking to be put ahead of HoTN purchasers, but being put ahead of free players is certainly not unreasonable in terms of service.
    It's not unreasonable, no. Having a three tier queue system would be a great way to show thanks for their guardian purchasers. Then again, there is every chance that the queue will all but disappear after this morning's maintenance.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Loving the snide comments about paying $200 just to play a game...how many of you just have $200 to throw around??? If you do then I'm glad you are so blessed, but not all of us can waste our money so frivolously. lol

Pretty sure most are poking fun at the OP since he made the asinine freeloader remark.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You know start thinking like a businessman The bigger the ques the better for PW to push more people to buy the heros of the north, and even if they can reduce the ques they want for the reason i just gave you, it's all about money.

Lets completely ignore the fact that they have already stated they are working on queue times/ server load

CONSPIRACY ABOUND!!
  • Options
    beran1beran1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sucker! :)
  • Options
    infernoblazeinfernoblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they are willing to accept money from players, they should be willing to provide the service.

Money isnt really the issue here... Its the queue times.... Which is been fixed, as was pointed out to me politely by Werealchemist.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree that Guardians should also get first in the que along with Hero's.

How about you give up your spot then? Otherwise shutup.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prymevil2 wrote: »
    Then why wouldn't the patch notes directly address the queue issue? ie: "Queue length issues are being addressed."

From sticky
    "Are you in a queue? Read this first!
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

Update 1: We’re aware of issues related to queues and are investigating. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll update you with an ETA for the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 2: The team is working on ways we can improve the queue and address that display error. Thank you!
    Update 3: We're discussing solutions now and making sure you wait as little as possible before you play. Thanks for being so patient.
    Update 4: We apologize that some players have had to wait in a queue to access Neverwinter. Our goal is to minimize the wait time as soon as possible. To accomplish this, we will be performing updates to the servers and network overnight. Please keep an eye on this page for updates - we plan to have updated information regarding our progress around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable, no. Having a three tier queue system would be a great way to show thanks for their guardian purchasers. Then again, there is every chance that the queue will all but disappear after this morning's maintenance.

I hope so for the game's and players sake :)
  • Options
    lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets completely ignore the fact that they have already stated they are working on queue times/ server load

CONSPIRACY ABOUND!!

And if they tell you pigs can fly you believe them? you know am right
  • Options
    bullock31bullock31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't Diablo 3 a non mmo have server problems and ques and errors when it launched and that's a billion dollar company. Also another game that had problems was Simcity another huge company EA still has problems. So if you can't play the game you wanted to play well just move on even though you lost x amount of money just put these companies on your personal blacklist.
  • Options
    thehighwindthehighwind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    14000something in Queue.

**** this.

*Logs back onto RaiderZ*
  • Options
    infernoblazeinfernoblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there are bound to be a lot of freeloaders who are going to play this game and currently are in the queue with me. Freeloader is not a insult it is merely the term used for people who want things but do not contribute back.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lolabunnie wrote: »
    I paid too and I'm in queue position 114,768 but it jumps down to 7694 every now and then, so I assume that's my real queue and the 114k is a display bug lol.

So....Yeah
    Hopefully it's fixed soon.
    It is a bug. Last night I was at 175 then it jumped to 94576 then to 83 and five seconds later i was loading in.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All that's missing in this idiotic thread is treats of lawsuits. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will be sent to the lower depths soon.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And if they tell you pigs can fly you believe them? you know am right

No I dont know am right, I have faith in this game and will wait to see how things look after maintenance instead of hate spewing before even seeing the results.
  • Options
    laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The number that's expressed in the queue wait is glitchy.

For Example:

-I log in and as I do the queue shows me at 3,500
    -I sit and wait, I check back and the queue has popped up to 75,000
    -I keep waiting and check back again, the queue now shows me at 1,800

It isn't that you're actually waiting behind 75,000 people. It's very glitchy and inaccurate a lot of the time. I've had it happen to me too, but I was able to get on in with a reasonable amount of time. It just fluxuates out of control for some reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From sticky
    "Are you in a queue? Read this first!
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, didn't see the sticky, just read the upcoming patch notes.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No I dont know am right, I have faith in this game and will wait to see how things look after maintenance instead of hate spewing before even seeing the results.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the queue time but considering they acknowledged it and are at least stating they are doing maintenance to fix it I'll wait to grab my pitchfork for the angry mob dance.