What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thorin's Mighty Axe - GWF Guide

Comments

• Options
    pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the tests i'm having right now. even at my level, the difference is about 400-600 damage difference, the problem with this is, it requires more work for it. and NOT to miss, a miss while doing weapons master strike = damage lost, you can't miss while using sure strike but you can with WMS by not aiming right or the clone doesn't pop up right hitting the right mob. Going to do more testing, and yes, you are right. There's SO much stuff going on, I have to read the logs SLOWLY and write it all down

Edit: you also can't spam it, like, example

WMS, Roar(for all the adds), Flourish, WMS(keep doing this till 2 mobs left), Revival strike, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike (3 hits), WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike(4 hits)

This is the dps lost if you do this

WMS, Roar(for all the adds), Flourish, WMS(keep doing this till 2 mobs left), Revival strike, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike (3 hits), WMS, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike(4 hits)

That extra WMS can make a drop of dps if spamming the skill, With unbreakable will, you can get a higher rotation
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    From the tests i'm having right now. even at my level, the difference is about 400-600 damage difference, the problem with this is, it requires more work for it. and NOT to miss, a miss while doing weapons master strike = damage lost, you can't miss while using sure strike but you can with WMS by not aiming right or the clone doesn't pop up right hitting the right mob. Going to do more testing, and yes, you are right. There's SO much stuff going on, I have to read the logs SLOWLY and write it all down

Edit: you also can't spam it, like, example

WMS, Roar(for all the adds), Flourish, WMS(keep doing this till 2 mobs left), Revival strike, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike (3 hits), WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike(4 hits)

This is the dps lost if you do this

WMS, Roar(for all the adds), Flourish, WMS(keep doing this till 2 mobs left), Revival strike, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike (3 hits), WMS, WMS, sure strike(4 hits), sure strike(4 hits)

That extra WMS can make a drop of dps if spamming the skill, With unbreakable will, you can get a higher rotation

Keep in mind in heroics there is RARELY a instance where you would fight just one monster. Rogues and CW blow them up anyway. I primarily use WMS, even if there are two strong monsters, but on bosses in the beginning they have no adds. What I do there is Use my 3 encounters and sure strike to build my determination faster since he's marked. Faster attack means faster determination. Then when the first wave of adds come out I go psycho AoE pretty much the rest of the fight.
  • Options
    fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i read in this and another guide to use sure strike on single targets instead of WMS.

i call BS my damage was less - not to mention you need to be 'locked in' for 4 full strikes to get the proper damage out of it and you cant afford that in most boss fights and dungeons because you need the mobility.

the only place you would trade sure strike out of wicked strike is on bosses to increase your single target dps on them. thats not your job any way and you should be peeling and doing heavy aoe dps on trash mobs.

sure strike is useless when you get wms
    You're being extremely close minded. There is no best build or best configuration. Without testing saying something like this is pointless and borderline troll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fcrowles wrote: »
    Keep in mind in heroics there is RARELY a instance where you would fight just one monster. Rogues and CW blow them up anyway. I primarily use WMS, even if there are two strong monsters, but on bosses in the beginning they have no adds. What I do there is Use my 3 encounters and sure strike to build my determination faster since he's marked. Faster attack means faster determination. Then when the first wave of adds come out I go psycho AoE pretty much the rest of the fight.

You DO got a point there with faster attack, faster Determination. wait, isn't the determination rate gain based off how much damage you do from your attacks?
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I believe its increased by "doing damage' not how much damage. It seems to be a flat rate increase per attack. Thats something that's really hard to test, I tried attacking with 2 different weapons, a epic and a blue and it increased at the same rate.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for creating this thread! I was a bit dubious about re-specing and i must admit on paper my current build looked better but i was constantly getting 3rd and 4th on the dps meter, I'm now a solid second to rogues who still flog me and that's with lots of minion pack dungeons but hey ill take one victory at a time.
    Much respect for sharing the awesomeness!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Battle Awareness - 5/5 - 25% more power? So Whaaa

Battle Awareness is bugged along with armor spec, neither of the two are giving the bonus like it says. GREAT....

Edit: nevermind, I saw the power increase after I used slam. so its just armor spec that's not doing what it needs to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Battle Awareness is bugged along with armor spec, neither of the two are giving the bonus like it says. GREAT....

Edit: nevermind, I saw the power increase after I used slam. so its just armor spec that's not doing what it needs to do.
    I did hear about that bug, I'm looking forward to when it is fixed. Our damage is going to go way up. I'll likely keep my same build as my damage is still competitive to others. Thank you for confirming it. What server do you play on?
  • Options
    vaisuhaitovaisuhaito Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So just STR and DEX for ability score?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaisuhaito wrote: »
    So just STR and DEX for ability score?

For max damage yes, personally I use Str and Vit because I like the extra health. I also use a few offensive runes that do extra damage based on my max health.
  • Options
    gramsimamsiigramsimamsii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recreated his feats in the simulator, based on his mentioning of skills in the guide:

http://reyva.com/resources/neverwinter-powers-feat-simulator.9/#bqHaI1fTUpHhaJZC6fWLrPDg6qcB2SRP

It evens out at excactly 61 points and has every skill he recommends for leveling and highend PVE/PVP at rank 3.

Obviously there can be optimizations made in skill choices resulting to easier leveling process.
    The picking order is another huge point here.

Anyway, this might spare some of you their initial respecc on level 60.

PS: Please beare with my english, it is almost 3 am here in germany :)
    Also, there seems to be a typo (is it a typo?) in his post, PVE daily says "smash", wiki tooltips say there is no ability called smash in the english tooltips... guess it should say "slam" as the PVP section says...

EDIT: added link... yeah, its late...
  • Options
    ryhsryhs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is that legacy path/weapon your talking about? And where can I get it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You have to sign up for the founder packs. 60 dollar one gives you a low level weapon thats good until 20. The 200 dollar one gives you that + a good epic weapon and enchant at 60
  • Options
    xxaiyxxxxaiyxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why are u skilling deep gash? okay it sounds nice 15% of your total power as bleed dmg - with 4100power it ticks with ~110 its nothing

the tooltip is totaly wrong : 4100/100=41*15=615 d,g/sec if you believe the tooltip
  • Options
    zumbiesszumbiess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ryhs wrote: »
    what is that legacy path/weapon your talking about? And where can I get it?
    It's probably the greyscale legacy that you get from using 60 bucks.
  • Options
    redburstredburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd have a question:
    What does "Constitution" do and what is it for?
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you think's best putting points in Roar or Daring shout?
  • Options
    micubemicube Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Daily:
    Smash - All you ever need and should use in any situation.
    Crescendo - Really pretty, but that's about it."

Is Smash a typo for Slam?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What do you think's best putting points in Roar or Daring shout?

Its preference. Roar will get you Determination faster than anything else, but there is a knockback hurting melee DPS for a few seconds.
    Daring shout INCREASES everyone's damage by reducing the monsters resistance, increases YOUR damage by even more for marking the target and makes you more durable. Also if you spec for daring shout you do 15% more against targets a GF marks as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    micube wrote: »
    "Daily:
    Smash - All you ever need and should use in any situation.
    Crescendo - Really pretty, but that's about it."

Is Smash a typo for Slam?

Yes its slam. I figured everyone would know what I was talking about so I never bothered fixing it. Its fixed for you now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xxaiyxx wrote: »
    why are u skilling deep gash? okay it sounds nice 15% of your total power as bleed dmg - with 4100power it ticks with ~110 its nothing

the tooltip is totaly wrong : 4100/100=41*15=615 d,g/sec if you believe the tooltip

4100 power + slam 25% = 5100 power = 735 Dmg/Sec + 15% for hitting marked targets = 800 Dmg/sec x 3-10 monsters

Basically its ADDED damage for no added effort. Yes it doesn't tick for 800 because you're not including the monster's resistance but its FREE damage. DoT also has a chance to proc Steel Blitz for even more damage. If you don't take it what would you put points into in its place?
  • Options
    maximumsquidmaximumsquid Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it matter where you put your points into powers at low level?

It seems like at level 20 you automatically get level 3 of all previous power skills
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems like you're missing some Heoric points there. Or are you just spending 19 in Heoric and saving the rest until 30 when Paragon starts?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Seems like you're missing some Heoric points there. Or are you just spending 19 in Heoric and saving the rest until 30 when Paragon starts?
    I think your math is wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »

I recommend at least 1 point in everything so you can try everything and get the feel for it. Who knows when certain crappy abilities might be good after a update?
  • Options
    khraktikhrakti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    facestomping with a legacy weapon. Not everyone is a founder so I'm sure a GWF with a legacy weapon will be pretty good starting out and probably horrid w/o one.
  • Options
    killerkonnakillerkonna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C'mon and slam, welcome to the jam!
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got to lvl 60 and did my first epic dungeon pleased with my DPS so far.

Game_Client_2013_05_08_04_59_03_10.jpg

As you can see I have the weapon from the heroic pack and two pvp epics rest of my gear is awful.
  • Options
    asaviosasavios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of yesterdays patch Daring Shout isn't viable any more :( only builds a tiny bit of Determination now. Like 2-3% of max Determination with 10+ monsters around. Try it. This sucks...
  • Options
    jimb0wolfjimb0wolf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asavios wrote: »
    As of yesterdays patch Daring Shout isn't viable any more :( only builds a tiny bit of Determination now. Like 2-3% of max Determination with 10+ monsters around. Try it. This sucks...

And I just used 3 points in it :( That sucks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" - Charlie Chaplin