test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Servers?

holluuholluu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was saddened to see NW was using the old model of separate servers as opposed to the instances that Champions and STO use. But I am sure there is a reason for it, I am just wondering what that reason is? Also, is there any chance of changing it over to the model that Champions and STO uses in the future?
Post edited by holluu on

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holluu wrote: »
    I was saddened to see NW was using the old model of separate servers as opposed to the instances that Champions and STO use. But I am sure there is a reason for it, I am just wondering what that reason is? Also, is there any chance of changing it over to the model that Champions and STO uses in the future?

Ummm the servers trio is temporary to actually help with the servers being overwhelmed, there are so many people hitting the game right now it is overwhelmed anyway. Last night on dragon 35 instances of protectors enclave and they all were jammed packed and the people who are in aren't complaining much about the game....I would call this a grand slam for Cryptic.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    It is 1 massive server with 3 SHARDS.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They're using the same system, they just created the three seperate shards for launch. Shortly after things die down, they'll merge them all into one shard just like STO and CO.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    They're using the same system, they just created the three seperate shards for launch. Shortly after things die down, they'll merge them all into one shard just like STO and CO.

Exactly right! :D
  • holluuholluu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Glad to hear this game will be as easy to play with friends as the other Cryptic games. :)
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the shard system is temporary and will alleviate issues with too many players and not enough server power.

They WILL be folded together into a single server shard eventually just like STO/CO
  • razgriznzrazgriznz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the Oceania people will get a server to connect to, i see some lag every now and then.