test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Closed Beta Feedback

arciteentreriarciteentreri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
This is a list of comments that I created while playing over the final Beta weekend. This game is very well done and I enjoy it so do not think that I am degrading it in anyway, I am just supplying my feedback from beta testing! Also I may have missed a few features so don't be too critical XD

Currently players are required to log in twice, first at the launcher and second in the game. Also there is no 'switch character' option so, a player must fully log out to switch characters.

While chatting, replying to whispers/tells seems clunky, it would be much easier to hit r and have it autofill /reply.

Quest Icons resemble the general purpose or lore icons very closely.

Switching the glowing ring to the left hand doesn't change the animation to the left hand. Also as a rogue deciding if an off hand weapon is better or not is a pain because no comparison comes up.

Using ctrl to lock-on to a target is cool but as a guardian fighter there are situations where the player is holding ctrl + shift + movement keys and it feels like a tongue twister for the hand, a toggle option would be amazing for this.

Will Control Wizards be able to use a staff at some point? The floating ball is cool but some people (myself included) would rather use a staff or dagger.

Determining how much XP a player gets from killing a monster should be easier, the floating numbers like damage would be a perfect addition to fix this.

Most of the walking combat stances make the characters look like crabs, on that note will strafing be added?

The statistics at the end of group events are awesome, an in party damage meter would be awesome for during the event.

I find myself telling my companion to not stand on traps but he doesn't listen, I think the AI needs a little work on avoiding hazards.

More stat tooltips! What is Alacity? etc.

The Gateway profession this is amazing, please put out an Android app!

Overall the game is amazing, but doesn't feel finished. I look forward to playing this and the day where Beta is removed the game is done :)

Thank you!
"Spirit. In every language...in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Post edited by arciteentreri on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    While chatting, replying to whispers/tells seems clunky, it would be much easier to hit r and have it autofill /reply.

Type "/r <message>"

Nice list you got there though. I agree with basically everything whole-heartedly :)
  • arciteentreriarciteentreri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Type "/r <message>"

Nice list you got there though. I agree with basically everything whole-heartedly :)

yeah, I found that one but as far as I know just hitting r isn't bound to anything so it would make it a lot easier to hit r and then type the message. I realize it's knit-picking but it's something that I miss from other MMOs.

Also thanks :) There are a few more but this is what I thought was important and since PWE didn't ask for my feedback I thought I'd just post it!
    "Spirit. In every language...in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away." -Drizzt Do'Urden
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My Lord please give us more armor skins. Ive been wearing the same skin all the way to lvl 20 with no signs of it getting better.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @OP, I agree with most of what you said but is it the right forum for it?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • arciteentreriarciteentreri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    @OP, I agree with most of what you said but is it the right forum for it?

Probably not, if not someone will yell at me :P
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game would have been a great experience except:

(a) There's a HUGE lack of skill customization. I'm exactly the same as any other TR my level except for my equipment and feats.

(b) Not enough classes. Even core classes like the Ranger were excluded.

(c) I dealt with a lot of white screens yesterday.

(d) Servers have been down too much today.

(e) I lost 2 levels on my TR today when Dragon Shard went down earlier today and I'm highly peeved.

(f) I basically got told to go earn back the exp I lost the hard way when I reported the bug which seems unfair to me.

(g) I was 1 level away from unlocking the Foundry when I lost those two levels. Man am I bummed.

(h) Crafting and Quests are just about identical to all other MMO's/RPG's. Collect x piles of sludge for y. Kill x orcs. Deliver x to y.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]