test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hit boxes is awful?

godlevelgodlevel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So uhhhh....I rolled a Trickster Rougue class because im bad and after playing through 11 levels i started to notice one thing.....THE HIT BOXES ARE AWFUL. I have never played a game with action combat where an enemy holding a sword can still damage me when im 10-30yards away from them. Im pretty good at dodging when i see them charge up or whenever the red circles appear and that just doesnt seem to matter because i still get hit regardless. The only way for me to avoid damage is make sure i trigger the "Dodge" popup everytime. Now as a lvl11 this isnt a very big deal because im only taking 10-40dmg per hit but Im having to waste tons of potions and I can see this becoming a HUGE issue when/if i make it to the higher levels because every drop of HP will count. Is this just a temporary problem caused by the lag? Am i the only one having this issue? Comment below, let me know!

~GodLevel
(i see the title error-cant fix)

Comments

• Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm at level 12 and I don't seem to have an issue, though I maul down most things before they hit me as a TR so I haven't paid too much attention.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to lag
  • Options
    thatsmrbunnythatsmrbunny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
    Ithink it's not so much the hitbox, it's the moment in the animation that counts as hit. I've noticed that if you leave the hit box after the point of no return in an attack animation you still get hit. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but it's hella frustrating. It's worse for guardian fighters. You get your shield up before the blow strikes, but still get hit. I want twitch blocking/dodging!
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I honestly have not seen that happen. It sounds like lag.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    thatsmrbunnythatsmrbunny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    I honestly have not seen that happen. It sounds like lag.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :/ sucks to be in the southern hemisphere then