test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want my ranger class :(

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Could you please already add ranger class im kinda fed up with my cleric dying to much WTB proper range dps class :(
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want my paladin class...this game needs more healing classes, not dps....
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • ckm0ckm0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Druid Class FTW
  • signal09signal09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger is not just DPS; he/she is so much more !

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger
    D&D Gamer for over 15 years
  • pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Did you purchase the special Ranger pack to unlock the Ranger
  • demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The Ranger class won't really be a ranger, it will be an archer. Rangers have woodland skills and abilities that cannot and will not be implemented in a game that doesn't really have an overland or wilderness, and they have druidic magic too which the NW ranger class will not have.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    You'll get the ranger, paladin, druid and many other classes in time :)

For launch they wanted to focus on just making a few perfect but we'll see more, and soon. :D
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Scourge warlock nao
  • baconnaisebaconnaise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's very odd they didn't put in a ranged physical class like a ranger. People expect there to be one same with a caster class and some usual mix of rogue tank class.
  • sovietzergsovietzerg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its only beta guys. Game will be very different once it goes live.
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pwthebest wrote: »
    Did you purchase the special Ranger pack to unlock the Ranger

Are you playing the game for free?
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    i read somewhere that they intended for 8 classes or something at launch but due to time contraints they had to settle with 5 :p
    good chance 3 more classes already in works and near release
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    azrael4271 wrote: »
    Scourge warlock nao

This. A thousand times.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • unclearimageunclearimage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want a bard!
  • deathtrap82deathtrap82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    signal09 wrote: »
    Ranger is not just DPS; he/she is so much more !

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger

Yeah...that's not the 4th Edition Ranger. 4e ranger is DPS - a striker.
    sovietzerg wrote: »
    Its only beta guys. Game will be very different once it goes live.

Gah, I hate that reasoning. This is live. They're calling it open beta so they can get away with more bugs and missing features than would be acceptable in a "full" launch.
  • cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Based on 4th edition rules, no customization of stats at creation, let alone choosing weapons, armor, etc that you would find in any other DnD game (both digital and pnp). I doubt the Ranger class will be much more than an archery type character that has many shot as one of his/her daily powers. So far the game has a very lack luster feel to character creation. You are being locked into a specific role with your character and this is making it more like a generic rpg than a DnD MMO. The combat feels and looks good, but the customization features are just horrible. I know, it's beta... So I guess my Ranger/Rogue class playstyle will need to be checked at the door as I have yet to see any mention of multiclassing or any design option that even hints at it.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    I'm ok with it not being in game yet. I'm not looking forward to the 3 billion variations of the name "Drizzt" when the class hits.
  • mistercat153mistercat153 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would love a necromancer type.
    You should never trust a dude wearing a tunic!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Monk class please :)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    I want my Ranger Class :(

We all do....we all do.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    How bout a necromancer? :p
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Ranger class won't really be a ranger, it will be an archer. Rangers have woodland skills and abilities that cannot and will not be implemented in a game that doesn't really have an overland or wilderness, and they have druidic magic too which the NW ranger class will not have.

There are ways they could work that in. Like an encounter ability that summons a hawk/falcon/eagle to attack the target. Traps, poisoned arrows, they could have an encounter ability where they eat some forest/rangery food and it gives them a buff... there's def ways to make them seem ranger-like rather than just archer-like
  • gridburngridburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    I'm ok with it not being in game yet. I'm not looking forward to the 3 billion variations of the name "Drizzt" when the class hits.

Well considering your character name doesn't have to be unique they'll probably all just be called Drizzt. It does amaze me how many people are running around with names like dukenukem69 or some such combination :P
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Could you please already add ranger class im kinda fed up with my cleric dying to much WTB proper range dps class :(

I would be happy if they added a fighter class... A Guardian Fighter or Great Weapons Fighter would be great so that my cleric wouldn't have to do double duty as a healer and tank for every group run...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You'll get the ranger, paladin, druid and many other classes in time :)

For launch they wanted to focus on just making a few perfect but we'll see more, and soon. :D
    With respect, They have a long way to go if they want to have "perfect" classes.

Great Weapon Fighters need to great weapon Damage... like on par with the Rogue if not more.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    Aasimar Paladin, greyguard, monkey gripping a goliath great hammer.

Yes please.