test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I bought this game, why is there is a huge queue?

eternal701000eternal701000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
$60 to buy this game in the early beta weekends, $50 worth of Zen, and I'm stuck waiting ten minutes to watch my queue go from 7998 to 7888? Seriously? I BOUGHT this game at a standard retail value. What is this ****?
Post edited by eternal701000 on

Comments

• Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Equal Oppurtunity for people
  • Options
    blooddathblooddath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PW does not care about you or the money you've spent in any way. You already spent it. This game is a m
    oney grab, sorry man.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $60 to buy this game in the early beta weekends, $50 worth of Zen, and I'm stuck waiting ten minutes to watch my queue go from 7998 to 7888? Seriously? I BOUGHT this game at a standard retail value. What is this ****?

HOTN is the only one with VIP access. Sorry buddy.
  • Options
    bajaresident#3792 bajaresident Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Getting in front of the queue is an additional $199 cost. Working as intended. Enjoy the 7000 freeloaders in front of you.
  • Options
    eternal701000eternal701000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    Holy hell, and it just went to 48192!! ****, this company has seriously pulled a hell of a scam on me.. kudos, PW.
  • Options
    pschumac2pschumac2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Getting in front of the queue is an additional $199 cost. Working as intended. Enjoy the 7000 freeloaders in front of you.

Exactly.. Pissed I spent money on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Perfect World you only get to screw people over once, next time you do launch a game you will see a lot of people not willing to pay a dime.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pschumac2 wrote: »
    Exactly.. Pissed I spent money on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Perfect World you only get to screw people over once, next time you do launch a game you will see a lot of people not willing to pay a dime.

The same exact thing will happen
  • Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember waiting in a queue for SWToR when it came out and EVERYONE was a paying customer.
  • Options
    blooddathblooddath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will never spend another dollar on PW, founders pack was a huge rip off. They just get added to the list of worthless companies.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    that not buying the game. buying game is $200. they want use all to spend $200 before may 1st this it perfect world idea. to get most money out of people
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    that not buying the game. buying game is $200

No, thats buying an SNES game off of ebay with the box and manual
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Utterly ridiculous that paying customers get treated the same as free-to-players.

No more money from me.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL @ the moron kiddies in this thread.
  • Options
    chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cry more its a free to pay game you pay for it doesn't make you better then the people who play it the way its suppose to be played free.
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's release day, there are always queues, but this Free to Play model makes it worse.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    HOTN is the only one with VIP access. Sorry buddy.

have fun idling in neverwinter on your 200$ virtual spider kid
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Well spiders are pretty vicious
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Haha. Right? What idiots would spend $200 on this game... and you know they are just shoving more cash into it for bags and its $1,25 to ope na purple chest... This guy is already probably $300 or $400 into the game and its been out 1 day.
  • Options
    brotherbrandunnbrotherbrandunn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All MMOs have terrible launches

1. this is BETA-the game still isnt complete
    2. they are addressing the issues, communicating with players which is more than most companies have done in this situation
    3. there is literally no barrier to entry on this game, its free, so games like sim city that cost $60 dont work on actual release
  • Options
    pschumac2pschumac2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't remember it being this long. You looking at 2+ hours easy in this queue.
  • Options
    toxic11toxic11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Lol, "Freeloaders"?

It's a free to play game if you haven't heard... Why do you feel the need to be treated superior just because you chose to spend $60 on the Guardian pack.

Did you not already get everything that was promised in the Guardian Pack: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/guardian? I'm sure you did.

Did it say in the Guardian pack that you'll be receiving Queue priority? No

Then why are you so upset about waiting in the queue with those players who do not yet wish to spend money on this game? You already got the benefits that you paid $60 for...
  • Options
    edited April 2013

2. they are addressing the issues, communicating with players which is more than most companies have done in this situation
    3. there is literally no barrier to entry on this game, its free, so games like sim city that cost $60 dont work on actual release

Just as an FYI, F2P games "Open Beta" is really a release. In Open beta now you spend money they no longer wipe etc. They just call it Open Beta.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    blooddath wrote: »
    Haha. Right? What idiots would spend $200 on this game... and you know they are just shoving more cash into it for bags and its $1,25 to ope na purple chest... This guy is already probably $300 or $400 into the game and its been out 1 day.

You sound a little bitter. Actually, the founders get packages that help us level, diamonds to buy for gear, vip access so we don't have to wait. I logged in, waited less then a minute and I was logged in. Thats a great investment. Not mention the mount and other perks.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    You sound a little bitter. Actually, the founders get packages that help us level, diamonds to buy for gear, vip access so we don't have to wait. I logged in, waited less then a minute and I was logged in. Thats a great investment. Not mention the mount and other perks.

If it's such a great investment, i wonder why you guys keep saying how great it is to pay $200 for it.

"its a good buy, no really guys it is!!"
  • Options
    naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited April 2013
    Waiting in Que is to be expect to an extent, my issue is, extra shards should have been prepared for this kind of influx. Waiting in que sucks but its part of a launch/open beta, waiting in Que behind 7k+ people on every shard is poor planning.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    brotherbrandunnbrotherbrandunn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pschumac2 wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, F2P games "Open Beta" is really a release. In Open beta now you spend money they no longer wipe etc. They just call it Open Beta.

more like a soft launch, i know there are no longer wipes, but still, its a safe way to admit they arent really quite done
  • Options
    chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2013

@2- MMORPG are never complete they are ever changing so says its live or beta there is no real difference
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    pwthebest wrote: »
    If it's such a great investment, i wonder why you guys keep saying how great it is to pay $200 for it.

"its a good buy, no really guys it is!!"

People keep provoking, mocking "why pay 200 for a game" then when we respond its with our answer, we're mocked for explaining why it is. Not trying convince you, simply explaining.

The VIP access logging in alone, verus the 2 hour or more waiting period by itself is a great value.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    People keep provoking, mocking "why pay 200 for a game" then when we respond its "why do you keep repeating its a good buy..it must not be.."

I'm simplying explaining and responding to why I think personally its a good buy. The VIP access logging in alone, verus the 2 hour or more waiting period by itself is a great value.

Doesn't seem like that great of a value, in a couple of days it won't matter as everyone will be able to log in fine
  • Options
    edited April 2013

It must have been the laugh at the beginning of my statement that made it sound bitter. Having you as the butt of a joke isn't bitter, it's funny. In two beta weekends I got to 54. You need help leveling? The mount doesn't give you any actual advantage, and gear is standardized at the top tier so your diamond to buy gear to help you is worthless too.

To breakdown your statement you paid $200 to log in. Also, you didn't deny what I said. So i'll just assume you are at least that deep in, probably more. Grats man!
This discussion has been closed.