test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scarcest class?

vikingssvikingss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys, so I plan on playing on Dragon server, and I was just wondering which class is the scarcest and most sought after in groups/dungeons at the moment?
Cause after learning my lesson from The Secret World this time I am less interested in playing what I like and more interested in not waiting 2 hours to start a freaking dungeon...;)
Thank you.
Wanna check out my channel?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamesNetworkk
Post edited by vikingss on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you want to avoid queues I would think the best choices would have to be a Devoted Cleric or Guardian Fighter.
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a queue system for looking for a dungeon.

Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric are always safe choices though.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    Lots and lots of rogues, try and avoid it at this point.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vikingss wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I plan on playing on Dragon server, and I was just wondering which class is the scarcest and most sought after in groups/dungeons at the moment?
    Cause after learning my lesson from The Secret World this time I am less interested in playing what I like and more interested in not waiting 2 hours to start a freaking dungeon...;)
    Thank you.

Can't go wrong with cleric... or a tank... although so far I don't really see tanks, tanking or cleric's healing. I think it has to do with the friggin damage meters that display at the end of each instance....

While it sounds nice.. it just ruins the group dynamic because tools will just rush and spam to try and be the top.. why I have no idea. Its the warcraft generation.

Honestly I hit X about as soon as it comes up and don't even look at it any more. All it takes is one death or to fall behind or to go afk and the meters aren't accurate anymore.

What they really need is to show your real-time DPS during boss fights and boss fights only. And no end-of-instance summary.

Right now I'm a little concerned at the patterns I see developing in instances.. Its rush rush rush. I mean the SECOND people zone in they're rushing the mobs, with or without a full group, or tank, or healer.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the queue does not look for clerics and gf before creating the group. i've been in group with 4 cw's and my cleric and i've watched streams of level 60's doing dungeons with no cleric or guardian fighter. it's just looking for warm bodies.
  • Options
    pollepolle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Too **** many rogues! :D
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yea, cleric or tank. But they have some problems, according to guildies. More so in later levels. But so far Cryptic has been very responsive to the community, so just inform them of your concerns (in a civil tone!) and they will look at that concern. They have so far.

Or you can be a compleat douch, but it seems like you wont :D

If you are a good player, we need more GF's around
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited April 2013
    Cleric all the way. Peoplez always love da healz! :)
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The heals are not that effective in this game though. So don't expect to be a substitute for potions. And I have to say, last time I did PvP, the GF was my greatest advesary (CW myself)
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in standard Trinity (Tank, Heal, DPS) Tank and healers are usually the scares class due to "they don't want to take the blame" usually if a DPS goes down, the other can help out and survive, but if a tank goes down, all go down (usually) if the healers goes down (in most games) everyone goes with her.

I personally say Tank would be more rare than Cleric in this game. Cleric has good range attack and can solo pretty well. Guardian Warriors don't have range (at least from lower levels) and have to chase everything which make it more work. DPS has range attack which is nice.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    lysico67lysico67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man where do people come up with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the queue looking for only set classes?? REally guys.

Been in them since bw1 and you get a mix.. Been in full CW groups before. or 4 clerics.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Play what you enjoy and are good at, that is all that will matter in the end.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    The queue system prioritizes defenders and tries to put at least one in a group if possible. It does not seem to prioritize clerics, who aren't "healers" but "leaders," though it does appear to and try to mix up classes so you very rarely get more than 2 of one class. GFs and GWFs can get instant queues a lot of the time, not so much for anything else. No class is required, there's no trinity, there are 4 roles (defender, striker, controller, leader) and having one of each is helpful but not necessary. Role GF if you want fast queues and a feeling of self importance though.
  • Options
    magnummagnum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My queues are instant as a Guardian Fighter. I do think it trys to make a balanced group it just forces a group makeup with a tank and healer if you are waiting too long in the queue. I haven't been in a group yet that hasn't had a cleric in it and I was always the only Guardian Fighter.

Not sure what the "problems" with Guardian Fighter are. Seems pretty overpowered. Can heal yourself well without pots especially when tanking large groups of MOBs, and block is ridiculous especially if you know how to keep it active.
  • Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i'm a devoted cleric and the queue wouldn't go off after two hours of being in it. lvl 41 atm
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I've been in a group with 2 GFs and no cleric. I think not having a cleric in a group is somewhat rare now though because they are so common, almost as rare as a group with no rogue. As a GF though I really do not need or care if there's a cleric in the group, my own skills and cleric companion can keep me healed just fine. I can solo dungeons, it just takes forever, and a few potions.

There's no "problem" with GFs, people just don't like to play tank classes and don't realize how versatile the GF is in this game. It's my favorite class.