test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server/shard situation

knuckeknucke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
first of i know atm the servers are laggy because so many players want to paly and login. i got no problem with launch problems, i mean the ob is like a test for servers and stuff i get it and its fine! BUT: Can someone please explain me the server situation...when i get it right there are no EU servers? if yes this is a ****ing joke then. are there any plans for eu servers? i mean how are we europe players supposted to paly that game which such delay ( im not talking about server lag)
Post edited by knucke on

Comments

• Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only company who pulled something like this off are CCP with Eve Online. I highly doubt Perfect World are going to set up a supercomputer infrastructure to run the game from, that's the only reason it worked for Eve. This game is already going to be fail if I'm still getting high ping in a few days, at the moment my ping is 1400-1800 and the game is slideshow the MMO. I've logged out for now this is unplayable.
  • Options
    deantdeant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    The only company who pulled something like this off are CCP with Eve Online. I highly doubt Perfect World are going to set up a supercomputer infrastructure to run the game from, that's the only reason it worked for Eve. This game is already going to be fail if I'm still getting high ping in a few days, at the moment my ping is 1400-1800 and the game is slideshow the MMO. I've logged out for now this is unplayable.

ever heard of what is the meaning of the word BETA?
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, there are no servers outside of California. All three shards are in one place. Clever, right?
    deant wrote: »
    Beta is not an excuse. PWE have had years to get their act together, on Neverwinter and other titles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No, there are no servers outside of California. All three shards are in one place. Clever, right?

Thanks for telling me, well that pretty much kills this game for me. I was here for some competitive PvP maybe, like I do in most MMOs and with even 100ms + ping I'll be gone in a few weeks. Especially facing up against people right next to the servers. PvE not such an issue as I'm not really competitive with that, still that's a really bad decision on their part.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Beta is just an excuse to rush a launch nowadays, please. To not even have a server cluster outside the US for a worldwide MMO is just a no no.
  • Options
    oliinoliin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You know, honestly when a game is both willing to take your real-world money for its in-game cosmetic and 'convenience' items, and not going to do any character wipes on any of the servers then you've launched. I don't really care what the company wants to claim it is, but that's a launch not an 'open beta' no matter how many issues you still have to work through. If you needed more time to ensure people didn't feel upset about things then you shouldn't have launched yet.

That said, lag and connectivity issues are pretty common problems near launch for most MMOs I've run across.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    We have a team working on it right now and will resolve it as soon as possible. We'll update you on that issue on this sticky: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164061-server-shard-situation.
  • Options
    warriorbatwarriorbat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2013

Open Beta = Live. Don't care about the word, it's just there to justify all the problems that every MMO faces at launch.
    So they came up with brilliant idea. Well, not PWE but other F2P companies that produce MMO's like chips...
    Since they can't support real, true launch, they just call it Open Beta! Fantastic! Now if users complain they just say, "Hey guys, it's BETA!"
    Brilliant, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    indeed. one recent game was crushed down even tho it was fully populated p2p before becoming f2p.
  • Options
    chezruchezru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From what I understand (though I can't find a link right now) the plan is to merge the three shards into one big server sometime after launch. That should alleviate any timezone issues since everyone will be on the same server. I suspect that is why they didn't separate the current shards into EU/NA/Asia.

EDIT: Found the FAQ thread here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631 - Look to Section VI (post 6).
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have a team working on it right now and will resolve it as soon as possible. We'll update you on that issue on this sticky: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164061-server-shard-situation.

Silly Admin, you linked this thread :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    funkykafka1funkykafka1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to wait a few days, try to play then. No point in even trying to play right now. No big deal, they'll fix it sooner or later.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    there is now other way to test how game performs with MANY players than openbeta! so yeah its the only way to see where glitches appear.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    chezru wrote: »
    From what I understand (though I can't find a link right now) the plan is to merge the three shards into one big server sometime after launch. That should alleviate any timezone issues since everyone will be on the same server. I suspect that is why they didn't separate the current shards into EU/NA/Asia.

Yeah but that doesn't account for the fact all the server infrastructure seems to be US based. Everyone outside the US is going to be getting pretty terrible pings, or at least I usually do when connecting to US servers in MMOs. Not a good starting point honestly.
  • Options
    sphiersphier Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personally I would love to have an EU shard myself. I would miss out on many people, but hell.. I'd actually meet people at reasonable times to play with!
    ---
    @Ysale ingame. I do RP and stuff!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bilge.jpg
    Seems relevant somehow... -Rolls eyes-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]