test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry feedback so far

cuddlesmacheesecuddlesmacheese Member Posts: 95 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
First, I have to say we have great community who are very helpful. We are all learning and I for one appreciate all the help and advice.

The tool is beta and it will get better. To be honest, I am impressed how far along it is. You can make some pretty nice stuff already. New features will get added over time and for now you can do some things to trick the tool into doing what you need (for the most part).

I have not published any of my quests yet. I am still polishing. This seems to be the greatest time sync for me. You have to manipulate the tiles to get exactly what you want. Then, you run through the map over and over and fine tune in 3-d mode. For those who have launched full campaigns already my hats off to you as I now know how much work is involved.

Save often!

Just one tip from me so far....
If you lose your mouse (won't respond), I hit Alt-F4 and then select cancel and it comes back. This happens something when dragging items to the map.
"The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1"

Part 1 - NW-DB9Q7NCWR
Part 2 - NW-DHKJD78SM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cuddlesmacheese on

Comments

• Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the mouse freeze tip. I've been opening task manager and ending the process. But I save after doing everything so it's not that bad.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol cuddlesmacheese love the name :) ty for the recognition, just do what you love and what excites you and you'll always pump out awesome content, and the editor gets easier with time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The missing mouse bug is the unofficial way Cryptic makes us save a lot.

You can get around this issue if you pause or move assets from the library to the map slower as well.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png