test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF or GF for most enjoyable end pvp?CANT DECIDE!

voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ive heard GF is fun, but isnt made to top dmg meters, which is fine by me, asI like focusing on winn ing over topping meters. I have to admit that I would also enjoy swinging a 2h into faces, but I keep hearing GWF is garbage right now, so its looking like I might do GF... Which is still awesome. Help me decide! Lol.

And again, I know my focus will be pvp. So...all that being said, GF or GWF for pvp?

Some people say GWF is broken, others say it just has a higher skill cap. Which is it?
Post edited by voidon on

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GWF is tough to level until roughly level 40. It is still probably one of the most fun classes to play, mechanics wise, it's just not as easy to level as other classes, and it does need a buff at lower levels.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gwf and gf are bad so if u plan to do pvp cw or tr
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think at max level GWF will be fun and pretty decent at pvp. Solid damage, gap closers, and a prone attack on a short cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know why players saying GF and GWF soo bad did you test it at lvl 60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voidon wrote: »
    Ive heard GF is fun, but isnt made to top dmg meters, which is fine by me, asI like focusing on winn ing over topping meters. I have to admit that I would also enjoy swinging a 2h into faces, but I keep hearing GWF is garbage right now, so its looking like I might do GF... Which is still awesome. Help me decide! Lol.

And again, I know my focus will be pvp. So...all that being said, GF or GWF for pvp?

Some people say GWF is broken, others say it just has a higher skill cap. Which is it?

People are saying GWF's are garbage because they legitimately don't understand how to build their characters and what race best fits the build they want. i know GWF's that destry everything. I'm rolling GF because I have friends that want to be other things and i love tanking and controling people. But seriously don't listen to most. Just have a good cleric in group, build for glass cannon and 4-5 shot everything at end game. Everyone is complaining about GWF and they are only lvl 15-30 and not 50+ completely beasting.
  • Options
    voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    See, thats kinda what I figured would happen. People complain because they dont know what theyre doing. I think I might just say f it and roll GWF. I have a history with not being able to commit to a class at the start of a fresh mmo. But I have learned that every class requires dedication and patience. And I sure do think I will enjoy going all Berserk on people..."GRIFFIIIIITH!!!!"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anybody know what race is best for GWF? I went Half-Orc, simply for the brutal factor. And is it str>dex>cont or str>cont>dex? Or is there a higher survive cont build?
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I had a lot of fun the other day fighting 3 Control Wizards in lowbie PvP and blocking all their control mechanics as they sat there and raged in frustration (as block makes you immune to their CC).
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone who has played GF in NWO for several months now (seriously), I can say that it is completely "doable" to level 60... much easier than Cleric or GWF are right now.

The thing you have to realize with GF is that you need to learn to balance hitting vs blocking vs getting out of the way. The block mechanic needs a lot of work, but you can make it work for you. I highly recommend reading what each feat does as you can build towards a tank, a GF with as much DPS as a GWF or a hybrid. The easiest way to ensure your GF will survive is if your STR & CON are the same. Sure, DEX is nice, but the CON will keep you alive and the STR will make you actually feel useful & killing things.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I honestly dont care which is easier to play, as I am going to sink time into any class I play no matter what. I just wanna know if GF or GWF for strong high pvp. Damage or utility, playstyle matters not. I just wanna pick one of the 2 and be worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> late game.

Leveling difficulty doesnt matter to me either. Although I do love a challenge.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think that given the current state of GWF right now that going GF is a much safer choice. Not that the GF is a powerhouse at PvP, but GWF is just painful.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think that given the current state of GWF right now that going GF is a much safer choice. Not that the GF is a powerhouse at PvP, but GWF is just painful.

Painful...for how long? Im okay with taking the bad to get to the good.

And how come some people say its beast late game and some say its not so good? Sounds like a good skill difference between players or something.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voidon wrote: »
    Painful...for how long? Im okay with taking the bad to get to the good.

And how come some people say its beast late game and some say its not so good? Sounds like a good skill difference between players or something.

Actually I can't remember anyone on the forums ever saying that the GWF was good at any level at PvP. Some people say it is decent or even good at PvE at higher levels, but so few people have reached there its hard to know for certain without access to statistics which only the Devs have.

What you should be aware of is that at lower levels (at LEAST up till 30) GWF seems to be horribly outclassed in PvE and especially PvP. After that I am not sure and you should wait for replies from people with high level PvE and PvP experience.

Given this amount of uncertainty I would suggest you go with GF (or at least make one of each).