test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

move players on trigger?

fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
Is there some way to teleport or move a player or group of players from one point in a map to another point in the same map instantly without them interacting with any object?
Post edited by fyrestorme1 on

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, there's not.
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    man this tool is pretty heavily neutered
  • Options
    archaegeohcrarchaegeohcr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, i do not forsee a new HCR anytime soon
    <Maker of the Hardcore Ruleset (HCR) for NWN1>
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    man this tool is pretty heavily neutered

It's only neutered if you were expecting Neverwinter Nights 3.

This isn't Neverwinter Nights 3. This is Neverwinter, a completely separate game in a separate genre in a separate edition of D&D made by a separate studio.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »

This isn't Neverwinter Nights 3. This is Neverwinter, a completely separate game in a separate genre in a separate edition of D&D made by a separate studio.
    It's neutered when you can't do basic things that the game itself does, like have bosses and use multi-level dungeon tiles, among other things.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's neutered when you can't do basic things that the game itself does, like have bosses and use multi-level dungeon tiles, among other things.

That's not what neutered means. If the functionality was there but later removed, that would be neutered. The situation we're in is that these features have never been part of the Foundry and have yet to be implemented. The tools the developers use to build their quests are probably very different from the ones we use, and way less user friendly.

Bosses and multi-level dungeon tiles are something the devs are working on getting us, btw. We're still in open beta, and the Foundry is less ready for the public than the game itself is, so a little patience is probably a good thing at this point. :)
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's not what neutered means. If the functionality was there but later removed, that would be neutered. The situation we're in is that these features have never been part of the Foundry and have yet to be implemented. The tools the developers use to build their quests are probably very different from the ones we use, and way less user friendly.

Bosses and multi-level dungeon tiles are something the devs are working on getting us, btw. We're still in open beta, and the Foundry is less ready for the public than the game itself is, so a little patience is probably a good thing at this point. :)
    You apparently don't remember my name from the Foundry beta. I am aware of what the Foundry is and can do.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I didn't imply that you don't have any experience with the Foundry, only stating what it is in comparison to what the devs use. I don't think this is obvious to everyone, though my explanation might not have been needed in this case. Hopefully someone else will get something out of it.
  • Options
    evakaneevakane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm with the OP on this one. If you just want to throw a few of the same basic monsters into a room or field with a twist on a story 90% of the people playing don't even read, then it's quite sufficient. When you've got to jump through hoops to get some of the most basic game elements accomplished, that's lame. If it were a horse, someone would have put it down.. lol

I've got a great example for you.. I'm having to do 10 map reloads on my outdoor zone, because the stupid Encounter counter doesn't know the difference between spawned and unspawned... There would never be 50 encounters up on my map at the same time, but the counter is too stupid to realize that, and since I haven't found a way to consolidate encounters and can't make my own custom encounters that means I have to stop the player, and reload the map every like 100 yards.. That's pathetic, I mean really..

And don't even get me started on the fact that you can't even step up mob powers, abilities, stats, or even level, so the only recourse for increasing challenge is throwing more of these tired mobs at the player to create the risk of them becoming overwhelmed. Problem with that is the obvious, the more mobs you have on the screen at a time, the worse the performance for probably 75% of the player base.
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    evakane wrote: »
    I'm with the OP on this one. If you just want to throw a few of the same basic monsters into a room or field with a twist on a story 90% of the people playing don't even read, then it's quite sufficient. When you've got to jump through hoops to get some of the most basic game elements accomplished, that's lame. If it were a horse, someone would have put it down.. lol

I've got a great example for you.. I'm having to do 10 map reloads on my outdoor zone, because the stupid Encounter counter doesn't know the difference between spawned and unspawned... There would never be 50 encounters up on my map at the same time, but the counter is too stupid to realize that, and since I haven't found a way to consolidate encounters and can't make my own custom encounters that means I have to stop the player, and reload the map every like 100 yards.. That's pathetic, I mean really..

And don't even get me started on the fact that you can't even step up mob powers, abilities, stats, or even level, so the only recourse for increasing challenge is throwing more of these tired mobs at the player to create the risk of them becoming overwhelmed. Problem with that is the obvious, the more mobs you have on the screen at a time, the worse the performance for probably 75% of the player base.

You can take a more powerful mob, and redress them to look like anything you want.

A lot of the limitd functionality with the Foundry is to do the fact that people will exploit anything they can do make High XP, Low risk/time quests. It was a huge issue when the Foundry first started in STO.

There is ALOT more you can do with the Foundry then people realize. Yes you have to jump through a few hoops, but even with the Auroroa NWN2 toolset, a lot of the more complex stuff was done in round about ways.

I have played many Foundry quests that were hard, because the authors took challenging opponents and redressed them. An ogre is a good one to redress as a man and make him harder.

Unlike NWN, Neverwinter is a MMO and a lot of things have to be balanced around that aspect, where as in NWN, you can have some quest that power levels a character in 5 minutes and no big deal, it's single player.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png