test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sound issue - I can't hear sound when swinging a weapon?

jowjehhhjowjehhh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi, having a problem hearing sound when my weapon is being swung using the left click. There is no sound, I can hear EVERYTHING else.

This is killing the game for me. I've checked sound settings, video settings, everything is fine. I imagine the game uses directx, i have a fairly fresh install of my OS. Not sure what's going on here!!!
Post edited by jowjehhh on

Comments

• jowjehhhjowjehhh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm using a razer megadolon, usb headset.
  • jowjehhhjowjehhh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK. I'm using another headset using a different sound card and the sound works perfectly. Using the razer megadolon, i'm losing some sounds. Would love for this to be fixed!
  • beruskooberuskoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact some problem, nobody yet has give me a decent answer. And it drives me crazy! :(
    I though it was cuz 5.1 and 7.1, but since ur saying you get that problem with Megadolon headset, makes this even more weird.
  • oendraicoendraic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive a similar yet somewhat different issue. I would start a separate thread, but for some reason I'm not allowed... not sure how long their brief waiting period to post new threads is, but it seems like I should have passed it. Anyways, I digress..

One of my computers is hooked up through HDMI to the flat screen in my living room. It has a gtx 560 se and windows 8 installed. All the latest drivers are installed as well. I can hear SOME sounds, but not all of them. I hear mostly grunting type sounds and some ambient ones, but no weapon sounds or music.

I have tried the advice of a couple other topics that suggested putting -ignorex64check in the advanced command line section of the options, also disabling all other audio devices on my system and checked the in-game settings to be sure they were using the proper device (which it is, seems to know exactly what it is.) I am currently downloading as another topic suggested disabling on demand updates and doing a force verify or w/e it's called when you start up. I don't believe this is actually related to the gtx, as plugging in headphones and going that route seems to net the same results.

I will post here the results of the download I am currently doing, no idea how long that might take, but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated. What I know off the top of my head as far as system specs are concerned are as fallows:

foxconn A75A ATX AMD mobo
    AMD A8-3870k APU
    Sparkle Gtx 560 se GPU
    8 gig ddr3 (dunno brand clock I think is @ 1300)
    win 8 64 bit
    Audio is onboard audio/nvidia
  • oendraicoendraic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: force verify/disabling on demand updates did not help. Still only some sound plays.
  • keslor2410keslor2410 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sound becomes completely disabled for the PC after a few minutes of combat
    seems as if the initiating of the sword swing sound byte is causing something to mess up
    while trying to restart the PC, explorer.exe takes awhile to shut down, not sure if that's related to anything, but this is the second PWE game that has given me the same issue, and their support has no response for it
  • ev0xev0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem i seem to have is that because my headset is 7.1 some channels get no sound so if im directly behind my char i get no swing sown if i on the side i do, no ideas how to fix it besides turning my headset into a ugly 2.1