test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric; Soothing light ability missing

eroland21eroland21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I respecced as a level 31 Cleric and when I was done putting points into my powers, I discovered that when I activated my [Tab] Ability; [Channel Divinity], my [Soothing Light] was missing from my right-click At-Will slot. I have tried re-logging, zoning, refreshing all my powers in the slots to no avail.

I really don't feel like paying 6$ to fix a problem that should easily be fixed by allowing me to re-arrange those two abilities in the first place. Literally every other power is able to be drag-and-dropped into their corresponding slots EXCEPT the two tied to my mechanic ability.

If anyone has any way to fix this, PLEASE let me know, I am basically a gimp without this core ability.

Thanks
Post edited by eroland21 on

Comments

• dercas9026dercas9026 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eroland21 wrote: »
    I respecced as a level 31 Cleric and when I was done putting points into my powers, I discovered that when I activated my [Tab] Ability; [Channel Divinity], my [Soothing Light] was missing from my right-click At-Will slot. I have tried re-logging, zoning, refreshing all my powers in the slots to no avail.

I really don't feel like paying 6$ to fix a problem that should easily be fixed by allowing me to re-arrange those two abilities in the first place. Literally every other power is able to be drag-and-dropped into their corresponding slots EXCEPT the two tied to my mechanic ability.

If anyone has any way to fix this, PLEASE let me know, I am basically a gimp without this core ability.

Thanks

2nd. Same thing happened to me. Word for word.
  • mrdc0ymrdc0y Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tab into divinity mode, drag the abilities out of your ability tab back where they should be.
  • dercas9026dercas9026 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrdc0y wrote: »
    tab into divinity mode, drag the abilities out of your ability tab back where they should be.

I tried this. I took EVERY ability off of my bar and still I am able to press Tab and go into divinity mode in which my right click is present and my left click is not. I can drag and re-arrange any ability except for the Right Click and Left Click Divinity abilities. They aren't present in the spell book the same way other abilities are. It's definitely bugged.
  • eroland21eroland21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrdc0y wrote: »

The two abilities that are tied to Channel Divinity cannot be dragged out of their slots; I think because we never put points into them, they just appeared when we received the mechanic ability.

I feel like they should have made them moveable in the first place...
    edited April 2013
    This is a pretty big deal for me and has made playing my cleric a real drag. I hope some response comes up soon from a MOD or Dev.. I've had a ticket in for a while.
  • surged28surged28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had same thing happen except its punishing light that is missing instead of soothing light.
    edited May 2013
    Still having this issue. Put in a ticket and got a completely useless reply.
  • impact24gimpact24g Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same problem and am awaiting a response from a GM. This is obviously a bug introduced by the respec token.. In my case Punishing Light is no longer available. Hope they fix this soon. This seriously breaks gameplay. Please GM/Perfect World acknowledge and fix!!!
    edited May 2013
    Well the response I received just thanked me for reporting it and said it was forwarded to the appropriate people and then the ticket was marked solved. Ability is still missing, so basically putting in the ticket did nothing different than a bug report. Good thing punishing light is almost worthless.
    edited May 2013
    surged28 wrote: »
    Well the response I received just thanked me for reporting it and said it was forwarded to the appropriate people and then the ticket was marked solved. Ability is still missing, so basically putting in the ticket did nothing different than a bug report. Good thing punishing light is almost worthless.

I don't find the ability useless. I think many would agree it's pretty vital. Either way - imagine it was your healing ability and you were a healer. This would make you close to useless in dungeons and groups. Its a seriously annoying bug that I paid for and I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed at all.
  • eroland21eroland21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exact same response for me, I don't think they are worried about these as they are only affecting a small amount of people, once the open beta launch settles down they will probably start fixing other class stuff.

Unfortunately for me I went full healing cleric, so when my one channeled heal goes missing I'm basically restricted to play control/heals and have my group rely on potions.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don;t get it... Soothing Light is NOT and never was to my recollection an AT WILL power. It is a class TRAIT that is PASSIVE. It affects your other powers but is not a power you directly control.

So I have to admit I'm really confused when you describe that it was in your #2 At Will (right click) slot. Are you saying you had it there and it actually DID something? Because it's not designed to... it's supposed to be a passive boost to your overall power.
    edited May 2013
    dercas9026 wrote: »
    I don't find the ability useless. I think many would agree it's pretty vital. Either way - imagine it was your healing ability and you were a healer. This would make you close to useless in dungeons and groups. Its a seriously annoying bug that I paid for and I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed at all.

The heal can be useful, I lost the damage one. It's damage is not all that great given what I can do with encounter powers that do damage for the same amount of divine power.
    I don;t get it... Soothing Light is NOT and never was to my recollection an AT WILL power. It is a class TRAIT that is PASSIVE. It affects your other powers but is not a power you directly control.

So I have to admit I'm really confused when you describe that it was in your #2 At Will (right click) slot. Are you saying you had it there and it actually DID something? Because it's not designed to... it's supposed to be a passive boost to your overall power.

When you activate Channel Divinity your at-will powers change. The left click becomes Punishing light which is a channeled damage ability and your right click becomes Soothing Light which is a channeled Heal. Some people have lost Soothing Light, I, myself have lost Punishing Light.
  • shakaylakashakaylaka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to uninstall the game, and install again, but it didn't do nothing, it's still the same.
    Ohh, and before i uninstalled the game, i was trying to figure it out by myself what to do, when i saw that [Soothing Light] was in the action bar, but it only appeared when i turned off the [Channel Divinity].

In my opinion, i think its definitly a game bug :(
  • impact24gimpact24g Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over 48 hours and still no response to my ticket. Have tried everything. It is definitely a bug with the respec tokens and clerics.
  • alextheclericalexthecleric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happened to me also as I tried to rearrange my icons . I left only with punishing light. PLS FIX THAT
    edited May 2013
    Ok I found out how to fix this I think.

I accidentally re-trained my Feat points today (meant to click cancel 100k AD down the drain), however after I did so my channel divinity abilities were back where they should be. So apparently re-training your Feats (not full respec just feats) fixes this. Hopefully you dont have a high AD cost like I did, you can give this a shot.
    edited May 2013
    Ok I found out how to fix this I think.

I accidentally re-trained my Feat points today (meant to click cancel 100k AD down the drain), however after I did so my channel divinity abilities were back where they should be. So apparently re-training your Feats (not full respec just feats) fixes this. Hopefully you dont have a high AD cost like I did, you can give this a shot.

Either way we shouldn't have to respec anything for this to be fixed, it's a core ability we are missing, not some aesthetic perk.
  • blurry9blurry9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wanted to make mention that I have created two Clerics, all suffering from this problem. Soothing Light is never given to me when I gain Lv.10. It isn't just a respec issue (or at all). It has something to do with when the game gives you the skills.

I've tried everything under the sun and yeah, I can't fix the issue at all and I'm certainly not in a position to hand out Zen or Astral Diamonds to get a respec on the CHANCE that it fixes the issue. I haven't even managed to keep 16 because I recreated my character due to this issue.

While it isn't a good thing that others are having this issue, I am glad to know I'm not the only one, because every single Cleric I talked to on my server (over a dozen easy) were having no such issue and I was really disheartened by it all.
  • blurry9blurry9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I wanted to let you guys know that resetting my Feat points DID bring back my skill. Certainly not an ideal solution, but it's there. Lucky for me I was low level (kept gaining levels and assigning the Feat points, raising the reset cost, while trying to get the Diamonds to reset it in the first place, lol; intelligent on my part), however, it worked for me.

I'm still keeping my tickets in place and will definitely keep up on them to make sure someone official knows something about what's going on here.
    edited May 2013
    blurry9 wrote: »
    Okay, I wanted to let you guys know that resetting my Feat points DID bring back my skill. Certainly not an ideal solution, but it's there. Lucky for me I was low level (kept gaining levels and assigning the Feat points, raising the reset cost, while trying to get the Diamonds to reset it in the first place, lol; intelligent on my part), however, it worked for me.

I'm still keeping my tickets in place and will definitely keep up on them to make sure someone official knows something about what's going on here.

Still, no respec should be necessary, and it's been over a week for me and I still don't have a response besides the "thanks we will let someone know you are having issues" robot email
  • tigratigratigratigra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Can we have an official response? This bug is game ruining
  • lazyboy916lazyboy916 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just happened to me, but its Punishing Light. After respec it is gone. Kinda sucks.
  • lazyboy916lazyboy916 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get a response plz. I would like my skill back :(
  • mal3volentmal3volent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazyboy916 wrote: »
    Can we get a response plz. I would like my skill back :(

I have the same issue glad i spent 600 zen on a respec to get this problem. I am NOT going to waste AD to retrain feats to try a fix that MIGHT not work for me.
    edited May 2013
    Ok. I have respecced a couple times now getting my build at 60 perfect to my playstyle. I have observed the following:

When you respec it clears out your at will slots. If you just start spending points if you have not manually placed lance and astral seal into your at will slots BEFORE you spend 10 pts and unlock channel divinity, you will get this bug. I noticed that it actually put punishing light into one of the regular at will slots not the divinity mode one. if you place seal and lance into the slots before 10 pts then you should not have an issue.

This like respeccing feats is just a bandaid and shouldnt be required but at least this should hopefully let you respec without fear of having to spend AD on feat respecs to be bug free. I dont know why they dont just let us drag the abilities from the power window ourselves to avoid this.
  • voklesh010voklesh010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazyboy916 wrote: »
    This just happened to me, but its Punishing Light. After respec it is gone. Kinda sucks.

I got the same bug too :p
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • spankolulspankolul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have this problem and I'm not going to spend $6 or 150k AD to fix it. Can we get a response to this? At the very least acknowledgement that someone at cryptic knows about it?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?212892-Crippling-Cleric-class-bug-Soothing-Light-was-dragged-off-my-bars-cant-replace-it
  • faceplantmikefaceplantmike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this problem in the foundry. I have not been able to test any of the content I have made ever since I decided to respec and try the content with a different class. This bug in the foundry is even worst because it empties your entire hotbar and lock everything. No drag and drop, absolutely nada. Though this isnt as game breaking as the one actually in-game, but never the less an issue.