test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some items not stacking?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I would guess yes.
Some items wont stack with like items but when you pick up more of the item from loot they stack on one of the "piles" of the item. I am talking about healing pots of any sort and also the Id scrolls. Any idea what I can do? They are taking up extra slots in my inventory that I need sometimes.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to add portable altars to the list as well. Forgot about them.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Greetings,

The id scrolls that come from the reward chest when you hit differnt levels are (bound) to your character. They dont stack with the ones you pick up off of encounters (nonbound). Also, there are lesser scrolls of ID , normal scrolls of id, and greater scrolls of ID that don't stack together. Lesser scrolls ID from 1-29 , scrolls 30-59, greater scrolls 60. The portable alters have the (bound) stacking issue too. Some of the alters dont stack for any reason, still looking into that.

Its hard to keep your inventory clean with all these NON-stackable items. Almost seems like you get forced to use Zen to buy a bag of holding.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You are also rewarded with bound Altars from that same reward chest. The items also have a stack size limit. Potions will stack up to 99, I think the altars stack up to 50. Not sure on the scrolls as I often use them up before the stack gets too high.
  • malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I end up destroying a majority of the stuff that comes out of the reward chests because all it does is soak up precious inventory space. The inventory is small, the bank is small, I get that they are bound to your character but if someone wants to level a character just to farm what? 5 Pots and some scrolls really? I think they are being overzealous on the potions, altars, and scrolls they drop like candy you don't need to bind them and make them take seperate slots.

In the time it would take to level a char to get the reward and send it to your other chars you could have easily just gotten 10 of them dropped.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    Its hard to keep your inventory clean with all these NON-stackable items. Almost seems like you get forced to use Zen to buy a bag of holding.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. But I see no reason why the stuff should be a dif between drops and chests. Crazy times we live in :P