test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map transitions question

fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
How do you do a map transition without having to have a story entry for it?

I just want the player to be able to move freely between 2 maps without each transition having to be in the "story"

I'm starting to get the feeling that the design for the work flow of the tool was not all that well thought out, and find myself wondering if this is really the same tool that the developers of the game were using themselves - or just a dumbed-down version with less flexibility.

Scripting functionality would be really, really nice, for ex.
Post edited by fyrestorme1 on

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can't currently. You can make the transition easily enough, but you cannot return to a previous map. If your story requires them return to a previous map, you have to copy it and have them go to the copy.

But, freely moving between 2 maps isn't possible right now.
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    All of these roadblocks are making it really more difficult than it should be for me to make my campaign and quests.

There's only so far that creative workarounds can take you in a given scenario. Here's hoping for vastly improved/expanded functionality/flexibility and feature-set for the foundry in the future.