test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best rogue companion?

giantsnygiantsny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Was thinking either man at arms or cleric? Thanks.
Post edited by giantsny on

Comments

• giantsnygiantsny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No one knows??
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For soloing? The epic angel. Hands down. Cleric will be second when you can upgrade it, but for now is only good up to about 20ish, then she dies easily any higher with the rank 15 limit. The guardian pack wolf is third imo because of the knockback (can and will save your *** on numerous occasions in 30-35+ where red circle powers of big mobs and boss mobs can 2 shot you)

Ioun Stone is unrivaled for grouping since all it does is buff you and not die.

If you can't get any of those... pick your favorite damage dealer... stock up on a lot of potions... and go to war.

Since you're free to play, your options are pretty much cleric or cleric. Unless you buy zen, then you can get the honey badger or golem or somehting.

My personal opinion.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks but I have the founders pack, not sure how to get a title here or if there even is one lol.
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The best companion for Trickester is a cat. Because improve his critical stat. In overall increase his OP damage.
    edited April 2013
    Ye but that cat is expensive lol.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The best companion for Trickester is a cat. Because improve his critical stat. In overall increase his OP damage.
    Disagree on many levels.

In fact, dont listen to this guy at all lol. Take a gander at his nerf the rogues thread if you need to see why.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giantsny wrote: »
    Was thinking either man at arms or cleric? Thanks.

I'm using the cleric and cat. Cleric is capped at rank 15 but doesnt mather much since her heal is percentage based. Also if she dies it doesnt mather at all because when the encounter is over she will automatically rez with full health. I've used man-at-arms and I think he sucks, I have also tried my panther and he is even worse. Totally useless.

I actually leveled with my cat to get it to rank 25 and it was not bad at all, but you really see the difference with the cleric when it comes to pot usage. Cat is great, even with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff I have on him I get about 700ish extra crit + a whole bunch of other stats.

In short, cleric is your best bet when leveling (in my opinion)
  • tr1ckerytr1ckery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are there any theorycrafting resources for Neverwinter yet? Similar to ElitistJerks etc.

I tend to run the cat for dungeon runs for the passive crit boost and then I've been using the Acolyte from the Zen shop while levelling for the lifesteal buff. I remember running the cleric in Closed Beta, but got annoyed at the long cooldown on the heal and when she chose to cast it, but maybe they've improved on that?
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Honey Badger if you can afford the nasty little monster from the Zen store. He got huge damage and is tanky also he goes to the other side of the mob giving you both CA.
    The Wolf from Founders pack should be good but the Panther is poor ATM due to 5 secs cast time on pounce and poor AI.
    Other than these the Cleric, Cat and Man at Arms should all be good.
    Man at Arms is a good tank, and should keep the big bad guy off you.
    Cleric heals you every so often.
    Cat is the best passive pet for a Rogue ATM.
  • haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I use the wizard
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    I use that guardian fighter - he is great for aggro'ing (sadly only one mob at a time) and works good as a distraction. The upside is he is good for fighting mini-mobs, can take punishment, and seems to be more responsive AI-wise. The down side is he currently only aggro's one mob at a time.
  • notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Cleric or Cat

I am also going to try the Guardian so that mobs stop hassling me, allowing me to deal more damage.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what about the little stone guy in the zen store and the hawk or the flaming birds from nightmare boxes?

I play a rogue too so I'm curious. I would love to try them all but I'm not dumping that kind of cash on the game. So far I just have the healer and my lame panther, I'm going to max them both before I get another unless I get one in a box or something. I figure they'll fix the panther sooner or later is the only reason I'm using him at all.
  • cptjackrabbitcptjackrabbit Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not to bump a year old thread... but I prefer my Lillend. Any thoughts? Looking for a bit of feedback, as I have like 8 pets, and feel I should be lvl'ing them all for some reason.

Also, Eldritch Runestones only apply to summoned pets, and not active ones, right?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    another rogue
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For the lolz, the traveling entertainer. Amusing the stab things in the back while the creepy clown gets butchered.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    let the dead rest man
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o