test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Clerics

bodawaybodaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Sorry if this has been asked before. I want to play a DPS class and was wondering if the Cleric would only be needed as a healer or if it's possible to play one as straight dps or possibly a support role. I don't really want to be a full time healer but I like having the option to do some healing as I go. Would this mainly be doing damage at ranged or do they do some melee as well?
Post edited by bodaway on

Comments

• Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Healer is a DPS class... The heals, for the most part, are a byproduct of those attacks :D

It's how I am actually a good healer when I play the cleric.

You are a ranged but close in fighter. Your debuffs and buffs work when the enemy/friendlies are near you.

Two words... Hallowed Ground. I recommend having that as one of your daily powers... the buff/debuff/range of that power is just too good, and can change the tide of battle , easy.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like I'll have to give it a shot to see how it actually plays. I just don't want to get locked into doing nothing but healing whenever I'm in a group.
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, it will probably be the usual.. if someone dies, it will be your fault.

Actually, a guildmate told me that his entire party wiped doing a dungeon in the 30s, it was his fault for the wipe. But wait, there's more.

He is a Trickster Rogue. He was blamed for the wipe because he did not do enough DPS.

How do you like them apples?
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is there even a way to measure actual dps in game?