test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Bank

aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just because I like to think long term, will there ever be an Account Bank? Something that allows you to sink your AD, Items, and Gold into for ALL your characters to get access too?

I ask this because 1st, having AD bound to 1 character sucks. 2nd, YOU CAN HAVE A TOTAL OF 50 FRIGGIN' CHARACTERS. Is it too much to ask for an account wide bank, just so we don't have to constantly use the mail system? Hell make it level locked, must be level 20 to use.

Like...the only draw back I see to this is someone actually spending the zen, having all 50 accounts, getting them all to level 20, which might take what...5 or 6 hours per character? Let's just give em two weeks total time, and then they just have like 49 of them sit and profession for AD and farm, farm, farm. But it would be time consuming, cost a nice chunk of money right off the bat, but mostly just time consuming, it would take SO LONG and yeild SUCH LITTLE RESULTS. Starting off you get a quest that takes about...18 hours to complete and get 100AD, I honestly do not know if there are higher level ones that give you more AD, either way it's not a lot. But anyway, you have to wait 18 hours and you get around...5k AD? Which you can make in under an hour just by doing the daily quests?

I mention the above because that is the only reason I can think of as to why there is no account wide bank, other than needing to code a GUI and set it up in the network, ect.
Post edited by aurenn on

Comments

• Options
    neviden0neviden0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this is feature is really needed, as I like to play more then one character.. but oh wait a second I can start poor again with nothing even though I've got lots of AD and gold on another main character.
  • Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Give us Account slots in our bank!

This is ridiculous... why do we have to mail stuff to our other characters?
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so dumb question, there is a bank in the game? where is it? ive looked and can't seem to find it.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been bringing this up since BWE1. Cryptic has never once commented on it that I am aware of. It doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    You can already easily transfer AD between characters (more easily than money or items) so your example of why it might not be in doesn't matter.

I'm betting they are going to add some sort of player housing system similar to CO with the account bank in there, also like CO. You'll likely have to buy a house or whatever with mucho Zen to access it, then spend more money to upgrade it into a useable state.
  • Options
    horudorhorudor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bank would be better to have sort button too like backpacks have
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    floredon wrote: »
    so dumb question, there is a bank in the game? where is it? ive looked and can't seem to find it.

I spent ages looking for the darn thing too. It's on the left side of town (on the lowest level). There is a 'Guild Banker' standing outside it, the actual 'Bankers' that you need to talk to are inside the building, behind the windows.
  • Options
    ozzilupoozzilupo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish that the player bank was account wide per shard. As my main i spent $40 usd getting the bank space i need on my main and I don't really want to spend up to 100+ more dollars on my alts just to get the same personal bank space.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think they dont do this to prevent AD farming mills....
    Like u stated before u can gain AD from leadership quest's im only at lvl 6 with mine but i already have a quest that gives 200AD every 2hours, if i had a "hero" to boost the speed 50% that would be one hour, u have 6 proffesion slots per hero if i am not mistaken, thats 1200AD per hour for 1 char x50 ....etc
    And u can transfer AD somewhat, but it is a little bit time consuming, and thats an excellent way to prevent abuses i think?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    ozzilupoozzilupo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    I think they dont do this to prevent AD farming mills....
    Like u stated before u can gain AD from leadership quest's im only at lvl 6 with mine but i already have a quest that gives 200AD every 2hours, if i had a "hero" to boost the speed 50% that would be one hour, u have 6 proffesion slots per hero if i am not mistaken, thats 1200AD per hour for 1 char x50 ....etc
    And u can transfer AD somewhat, but it is a little bit time consuming, and thats an excellent way to prevent abuses i think?
    I could careless for AD storage only account wide bank extensions.
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Your AD is already account wide available:

Step 1. Make an offer on the Zen exchange, say, 100 zen for 50AD each(minimum).

Step 2. Cancel order. AD sits in your exchange, awaiting withdrawal.

Step 3. Withdraw it with the character that you want it on.

Profession resources and assets are able to be sent to your own characters through the e-mail system.

The existence or non-existence of an account bank has absolutely nothing to do with preventing any kind of "AD farm". The ability to transfer currency in this manner is not an exploit, nor is the transfer of your personal, unbound resources. All of the possible activities in this thread are doable without an account bank.

Essentially, this just makes an account bank a sorely lacking convenience item. It's something that should just plain exist because its a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for normal, honest players to not have it and instead have to utilize the other game functions which are essentially nothing more than a workaround for the thing not being there.
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are account bound items in game, which you can not send by email. So I guess that account bank is planned. There is account bank in STO, so I don't see any reason not to have one in NW.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing here but I think that they have controls and limits and data gathering on the Exchange but not on personal accounts so hopefully at launch they will allow us to move ad to the exchange manually without needing a dummy bid.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    Your AD is already account wide available:

Yeah, lack of shared bank has nothing to do with AD farming. It's just an odd lack..... especially considering that they gave us Account-bound items in that Caturday gift pack.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic like player housing ( check out CO hideouts ) that can be used with all toons no doubt Neverwinter will get something along these lines also.

*HAHA EDIT. Yeah I forgot these CO hideouts have account banks :D
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're in any way suggesting that this isn't related to money, then you're very gullible and I find your naivety adorable.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The number 1 reason an account bank is needed is:

We are given "account bound" items and have no way to get these items to alts. Mail doesn't work because the game assumes you will send the mail to anyone. So at the moment anything labeled "Account Bound" is really just character bound.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    You can already easily transfer AD between characters (more easily than money or items) so your example of why it might not be in doesn't matter.

I'm betting they are going to add some sort of player housing system similar to CO with the account bank in there, also like CO. You'll likely have to buy a house or whatever with mucho Zen to access it, then spend more money to upgrade it into a useable state.

I hope/can't wait till they do that. IIRC, in early stages they even commented on the possibility of using the Foundry to create player/guild houses. Would be awesome IMO, I'd pay for that.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah Neverwinter Hideouts are inevitable I am just wondering what types will we get? >_>

Any devs out there wanting to give us a hint? <_<

I have muffins >_>
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. yes account bank for the win this will go a long way twards adding account value rather than per character value per character value is bad cause it makes it more advantageous to have multiple accounts rather than buy extra character slots.

2. the lack of account banks is not to keep people from transferring AD from character to character you can already do this as an account feature that exists in CO and STO as well. if you "buy AD with zen" the ad will drop into a server account that can be accessed by any character on the server. the same thing happens if you try to buy zen and cancel the bid.

3. Also looking forwards to hidouts. Hopfully it will have a account bank and a mail box and an auction node and a tailor.... realistically we will be lucky if it has an account bank. but for now we can make our hidouts in foundry.
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    They have this in both CO and STO, the only reason I can think of that this isn't in Neverwinter is because they are trying to think of a way to monetize it.

They aren't really thinking of a way to monetize it..........it's a 1k zen purchase item in STO(ten dollars equivalent), they already know how. Frankly, this makes it all the more unbelievable that it's not offered yet.

And yeah, the XP boosters in the Caturday pack are a poster child item for an account bank. I'm glad they didn't fix the "items to overflow" bug before I got mine, so they can comfortably sit in overflow inventory until I can actually give them to an alt.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Maybe, just maybe, they're trying to make them a bit better/more interesting than in STO or every other MMO these days? The guys at Cryptic seem to really care for their game.

If they wanted to just grab some quick cash, this would've been in from day one.
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need Account Bank :)