test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trouble logging in.....

asmodian32asmodian32 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
hello can someone please help me or can shine some light on my problem. I just downloaded neverwinter and when i try to log in its saying invalid password or username is anyone had or is having this problem can you send me a solution i can use to fix this. i notice on some games it does this, raiderz and champions online gives me this problem.
Post edited by asmodian32 on

Comments

• Options
    pilchingtonpilchington Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here. I registered earlier today and downloaded the client. Once the launcher was fixed I just get the message 'invalid username or password'.

I even changed my password (even though I knew I was typing it correctly) and still get the same message.

Help please!
  • Options
    copperscaledrgncopperscaledrgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can not log in either with my existing account which is logged in here and my client is just crashing completely. No invalid PW or user name error, just a plain old crash.
  • Options
    jbone1984jbone1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having this issue as well. Ran .exe as administrator, replaced .exe and visited the other link just in case. Bump!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump bump bump
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just gonna sit here and bump cos I sure as hell can't login
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    Our Support Team will assist you on this issue: https://support.perfectworld.com/. We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing.
  • Options
    armandiamarmandiam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    did you try your email instead of your username? that worked for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    armandiam wrote: »
    did you try your email instead of your username? that worked for me.

Yes I did, it just tried to open internet explorer and redirected the launcher to some blank page saying I had to be logged in. Clicking 'return to previous page' gave an error and forced me to restart the launcher to get back to the login page, which still failed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Randomly tried logging in with my email address and now it works, when it didn't before.

Why on EARTH would you

a) write 'account name', when you actually mean 'email address'?
    b) not fix the 'register' link on the launcher?
    c) send me to some stupid blank page the first time I tried logging in with my email address?

If the launcher is anything to go by this game won't even be worth the trouble I've had trying to play it, but whatever. Frankly I feel ripped-off already and it's a freaking free game, and that's saying something.
  • Options
    talyne1701talyne1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found a post about the launch crashing without error. It said to disable Teamviwer tray client. Once i did that i was able to log in with my email address.
  • Options
    solrach61solrach61 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same problem. I did as one poster said and logged in with my email address. It gave me a link to the site to log on. I logged off the site since I was logged in from registering, and then logged back on. Then I restarted the launcher and logged in again using my email. Finally worked.