test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Petition] Zen Price Reduction or Account unlock.

aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay, due to all the hate I see for the massive prices of zen items, I'm going to put this thread here. I see people asking for Zen price reductions on items or account unlocks, I'd rather see account unlocks for these high priced items.

How ever! Companions that are account unlocked with zen should NOT be auction house tradeable. Why? Because you can just reclaim it again, again, and again and sell the ever loving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it and have infinite money, or over flow the auction house with duplicates.

So just post here if you want the Zen prices to be cheaper, so you can purchase the items on multiple characters, or for the prices to stay the same but you can redeem them account wide, how ever be unable to auction off said items.

My vote is for Account Unlock but unable to auction off.
Post edited by aurenn on

Comments

• Options
    neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would be alright to sell something like the honey badger normally for like 10-15 and then account unlock for like 35. It's a little more reasonable.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    neolithe wrote: »
    I think it would be alright to sell something like the honey badger normally for like 10-15 and then account unlock for like 35. It's a little more reasonable.

That is a great idea, how ever asking PWE to give us a price decrease is...well I'll be amazed if they do it. But on the same hand asking Cryptic to change the companions to account bound yet unable to trade will be easier, why? They already have code that binds stuff to the account and makes it untradeable, I.E. the mounts.

Your idea is sorta the perfect middle ground, which if PWE and Cryptic are smart they will go with that idea but they want to maximize profits ASAP, so if they do anything it might be the account unlock feature rather than a price reduction, or even both.
  • Options
    azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want both. some things like bags to be account unlocks. Things like companions should be cheaper. I know they want to make money but they aren't going to make nearly as much with the way things are. I like half grinding half buying for my things. Spend a few bucks to get something I want now or spend like a week grinding it. I refuse to pay these prices and refuse to grind the time of 3 months for it either. I will just play the ever loving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the free content.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh god yes, back slots and the bags should be account unlocks. Sure they are cheap, but I'd rather pay a little bit more for it to be an account wide thing. Like 15$ for the greater bag of holding to be unlocked for all my characters.
  • Options
    cristianoflcristianofl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, then Zen pricing is ridiculous enough - items like bags ($10 each!) should be account level.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    account wide please, even if it means no selling on AH.
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've been trying to push the community to speak out about a number of these issues earlier in the closed betas. At this point, its too late and the company's stance is very, very clear. They do not care about user feedback regarding the cash shop.
  • Options
    madcat124madcat124 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription or such.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm appalled by the prices in the Zen Store for character unlocks only. This is making me not want to play the game I'm afraid. I'd spend money on most of the things in the Zen Store if not for their stupid Character unlock rubbish.
    Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adfi90yoadfi90yo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive spended ~90 euro on this game already. But I won't support this game any more until they show some good changes
    and fix their fkn support. Ive been waiting for 8 days now, on a ticket ive made.

I even did a post on their support forum without any answer at all.

Good luck having a successful mmo without support or okay prices to play. (you kinda need to spend some money into Zen store, cuz I doubt anyone has the will to farm exactly everything xD)
  • Options
    rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with everyone here. Unfortunately, most of us weren't in the closed beta and could not offer our opinions then.
  • Options
    oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I think nothing should be more than a buck in a game, it would sell the hell out of it, and it would dis-encourage devs from making awesomeness only available at a rip off price, having it in-game instead! Do you follow me? Would be a dream come true, but Asian companies can't see a dollar, when they see it they fall in a sick love and can't control them selves from wanting more and more and more... I say that based on my experience on other asian MMOs...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • Options
    krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lower the prices , so all the ppl that bought **** at existing prices can be on here whinging instead of the ppl that want stuff but cant afford it.. and as for paying for a subscription ,well just dump $15-20 in store each month and soon you will have enough for w/e you want..
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing wrong with the prices which are in line with everything else PWE charges in other games. Also petitions are automatically ignored by 99% of mmo companies.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I find it ironic that most replies are from those who spent 200 bucks. They already have their hooks set.
  • Options
    rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    I think nothing should be more than a buck in a game, it would sell the hell out of it, and it would dis-encourage devs from making awesomeness only available at a rip off price, having it in-game instead! Do you follow me? Would be a dream come true, but Asian companies can't see a dollar, when they see it they fall in a sick love and can't control them selves from wanting more and more and more... I say that based on my experience on other asian MMOs...

Game companies do need to turn an actual profit. They have to pay the salary of artists, coders, testers, localization programmers, producers and anyone else involved in making the item. The item needs to be balanced between making enough money to justify the cost of programing it and making the customer satisfied. We don't want things for free, we just want them to have competitive pricing compared to other American MMOs that we are used to playing.
  • Options
    azureskies01azureskies01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing wrong with the prices which are in line with everything else PWE charges in other games. Also petitions are automatically ignored by 99% of mmo companies.

Yeah that is fine until their books start to go from black to red. I have the money to buy **** off the store but I refuse to because there is no reason **** should cost as much as it does. Why they didn't follow the DDO model is beyond me. (Cryptic is bad and should be shut down already)

If Wildstar hits on as many good things as this game but has end game and a not so ****ty store it will **** OVER NW. Yep I'm calling it now folks.
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that is fine until their books start to go from black to red. I have the money to buy **** off the store but I refuse to because there is no reason **** should cost as much as it does. Why they didn't follow the DDO model is beyond me. (Cryptic is bad and should be shut down already)

If Wildstar hits on as many good things as this game but has end game and a not so ****ty store it will **** OVER NW. Yep I'm calling it now folks.

If you like that game better go play it. I think the prices are just fine, but my perception of money is different than most cheap *** gamers. I just understand that games require money to be supported. Subscription games are asking you to buy access to the game and then make you grind everything anyways. F2P games give you the choice of what you want to buy or not buy. It's the people who think they deserve to be handed everything for free forever because the game is better if they are playing that have a problem with cash shops. The reality is the game won't miss you, neither will I.
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I support your efforts OP.

The pricing is Sketch. I think about pricing in terms of what have gotten for 8 years for $15 month vs. what I am being offered now. Between $60 for the game, and 15 a month for 1 year one is looking at $210 about. I think on wow you get a total of 50 characters, and don't have quite the issue with inventory space, and bank space.

If I had to pay the prices of zen for just the space I have on my lvl 90 characters from wow-relative to this game- by the time I got done buying the character slots and bags/bank space I would have spent thousands of dollars.

They are pushing prices for Kobe beef fillet, when all they are serving ATM is hamburger. Charge for hamburger and serve it. Think McDonald's, not Outback. Pretty sure McDonald's made a few billion more last year.

Yet another FTP to fall prey for the big up front, and miss out on the slow and steady. I mean look at Obama's election funding .... seriously .... repeat tiny donations > than Millionaires giving millions to Romney. Largest revenue generation in history. Like the WoW game? Is this a Romney game? The #1 loser.

I have heard people like that guy above me say this about aion, swtor, rift, and guess what people do, and the WoW never makes it out of "open beta" intact.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    mmcsky1mmcsky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    If you like that game better go play it. I think the prices are just fine, but my perception of money is different than most cheap *** gamers. I just understand that games require money to be supported. Subscription games are asking you to buy access to the game and then make you grind everything anyways. F2P games give you the choice of what you want to buy or not buy. It's the people who think they deserve to be handed everything for free forever because the game is better if they are playing that have a problem with cash shops. The reality is the game won't miss you, neither will I.

I am sorry what? Cheap *** gamers?

Do you know what kind of computer is required to play this game decently? Do you know what the average american has to pay to live in this country? We are not cheap, we know what the value of a dollar means buddy, and 30 dollars for a virtual item is less valuable than 30 dollars of groceries ( its almost a freaking week of food man!, or 3 days of gas to go to work!)PWE is seriously hogging the money with these prices, and the average player does not spend that amount of cash for such a trivial thing.

PWE needs to understand the psychology of the average person, we need to feel like we are getting something worth our money, if we do not, we wont buy it or wont feel compelled to do it again.
  • Options
    shamandarshamandar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not by 90% of reputable or law abiding companies, not even sketchy fly by night MMO's.

I'm just sayin...

If you don't believe that, you've been playing the wrong games/buying the wrong product from the wrong companies for way too long...

Any ticket sink like that represents serious trouble for the company in question. If you don't believe that and have hard evidence to back that up - just contact the feds. 'Cause it's an online enterprise (and frankly most feebs are frankly confused by "the interwebs" half the time) you may want to ask for or send in to the ICC here instead.
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmcsky1 wrote: »
    I am sorry what? Cheap *** gamers?

Do you know what kind of computer is required to play this game decently? Do you know what the average american has to pay to live in this country? We are not cheap, we know what the value of a dollar means buddy, and 30 dollars for a virtual item is less valuable than 30 dollars of groceries ( its almost a freaking week of food man!, or 3 days of gas to go to work!)PWE is seriously hogging the money with these prices, and the average player does not spend that amount of cash for such a trivial thing.

PWE needs to understand the psychology of the average person, we need to feel like we are getting something worth our money, if we do not, we wont buy it or wont feel compelled to do it again.

I live in America. I've worked in IT for 15 years and make six figures. I just got my friend who just graduated from college a job that pays $50k/yr with virtually no experience. So if you have a problem paying $40 I would suggest that you get a job in computers. So yeah, there are plenty of jobs in this country if you are willing to actually do something that is worth doing. Don't think that some liberal arts education is going to make you a living. Go get an A+ certification and send your resume to an IT contracting agency and in 5 years you'll be making $80k+/yr with no degree.
  • Options
    vorninvornin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I wish they would do this. Much more acceptable.