test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric PvP

zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
So how are you all liking it?

It reminds me a lot of playing tower defense fighting off all the incoming rogues.

I'm playing fairly offensive/control oriented and it has been working out great. I was going to go down the righteous path due to divine advantage and healing step. Since divine advantage doesn't proc off of much, I'll probably go virtuous instead. I hate giving up healing step, but whatever. I'll still pick up the two divinity building feats in righteous.

I'm basically running with chains and sun burst for control while using daunting and the divinity at will for burst. The divinity at will is a killing machine. So I am putting everything possible into divinity building feats.

Anyway, how is everyone else building?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zingarbage on

Comments

• likkallikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im only level 27 so havnt been able to invest into the paragon trees yet and unfortunately my pvp expereince has been limited, however, ive had mixed results in pvp.

Im focusing more on the healing side as a cleric - trying to keep team mates alive or defending an area. In major skirmishes over a point i find it really hard to put out enough healing to make much of a difference - i see green healing numbers such as "1" occur occassionally :(

However if i focus healing on a single player, ive been able to almost completely mitigate damage being done to them :)
    Damage wise im middle of the road - which seems fairly balanced as i havnt focused on damage dealing. End of the match i tend to come out with only a handful of kills and a heap of assists. Rogues are just insane.

Being chain cc'd is a big issue.

I use

Sunburst/healing word/searing light
    Guardian of Faith/Hallowed Ground
    Sacredflame/astral seal
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    likkal wrote: »
    Im only level 27 so havnt been able to invest into the paragon trees yet and unfortunately my pvp expereince has been limited, however, ive had missed results in pvp.

Im focusing more on the healing side as a cleric - trying to keep team mates alive or defend an area. In major skirmishes over a point i find it really hard to put out enough healing to make much of a difference - i see green healing numbers such as "1" occur occassionally :(

However if i focus healing on a single player, ive been able to almost completely mitigate damage being done to them :)
    Damage wise im middle of the road - which seems fairly balanced as i havnt focused on damage dealing. End of the match i tend to come out with only a handful of kills and a heap of assists. Rogues are just insane.

Being chain cc'd is a big issue.

I use

Sunburst/healing word/searing light
    Angel/Hallowed Ground
    Sacredflame/astral seal

I had a similar experience with healing. Switch it up to control primary and you will be a rolling cleansing machine with great peels. Get chains regardless. Absolutely great in pvp.

I'm not a super killing machine. I usually have 4-6 kills with 0-1 deaths. I may start focusing a bit less on control and a bit more on damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • likkallikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey, thanks for the reply, i think youre right on the chains ability - i only have the knockback as a defensive/offensive ability - i need another cc in that role too.

I dont know what level you are but there does seem to be some more group healing/buffing skills from lvl 35 onwards that looks useful.
    Also, ive put 3 points into cleanse - this seems to proc all the time (it should with a 30% chance) - its not clear what it does , but i think it removes burning/poison etc - which if true is awesome.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    likkal wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the reply, i think youre right on the chains ability - i only have the knockback as a defensive/offensive ability - i need another cc in that role too.

I dont know what level you are but there does seem to be some more group healing/buffing skills from lvl 35 onwards that looks useful.
    Also, ive put 3 points into cleanse - this seems to proc all the time (it should with a 30% chance) - its not clear what it does , but i think it removes burning/poison etc - which if true is awesome.

I'm not sure what all it removes either, I do know it removes dots from PvE. It is currently bugged, or at least appears to be, because even with one point in it, it seems to insta-cleanse when a dot effect goes on my pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    i tried cleric pvp for bw3, was a blast and easy, i laughed in the face of GWF's,, loved the chains/lights/nova combination, toss them with nova, catch'em with chains, blast'em with light, laugh.
    edited April 2013
    One thing to take note of is that gear really matters. I was doing pvp in the 39 bracket with a level 29 weapon. Was like shooting sponges at people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]