test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frequent client crashes.

shagruulshagruul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've read a few other of threads with similair issues. But i can't say they seem to be all that alike.
And i've tried a few of the solutions suggested. I've reinstalled the game as well as fiddled with options and updated my graphics drivers and so on.

I can play for 5-15 minutes before the game decides to crash. And there aren't really any specific action I'm taking or anything. I can be in combat or out of combat. Zones doesn't matter since it has happened everywhere I've been so far. I can be walking, standing still, interacting with a vendor or whatever. It just hard-crashes.

My setup is
Core i5 3570 - No overclocking
AMD HD 7970 Currently on Catalyst 13.5beta 2. (Have the same issue with the officially released 13.4 as well).
16GiB RAM
Windows 7 64bit.
Integrated audio.

I did not have these issues when i played during the previous beta weekend.

I've just recently started to collect the error codes i get.
So far only one has repeated itself.

Post edited by shagruul on

Comments

• the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    same here I'm having am E_OUTOFMEMORY error constantly. I didn't have it in BWE2-3 either suddenly it started with the textures they are using in the PE area.

I've been watching it and I only crash when I'm in the protectors enclave area when someone is moving around me. So there's definitely either a character texture on an armor piece or a spell effect or some scenery there that's causing this to happen.
  • kuttlasskuttlass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same mine started in BWE4 and looks like it has carried over to here, also have the same issue with STO a bit except my graphics flicker in that game thats the only difference, even went though and tried multiple different nvidia drivers and nothing
  • shagruulshagruul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What I'm am mostly interested in is, what the different tickets ID indicates. It would be easier to try and troubleshoot stuff yourself is the error-code actually meant something.
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've been having similar issues as well, although I confess they're much improved since BW4, where the client was crashing every 5-15 minutes or so.

To add insult to injury, every so often the Cryptic Error reporter itself will crash and not send the report. When I go to restart the launcher, it will hang on the "Patching..." message and will not launch the client. I've tried going into the Windows Task Manager and manually killing the Cryptic Error process, but to no avail. The only remedy thus far has been a reboot of my system.
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • shagruulshagruul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... i was able to play smoothly without a crash today when activating safe-mode. Don't know why i didn't think of that before. Going to fiddle around with graphical settings some other day and see if i can pinpoint what's been causing my crashes.
  • scarydoofusscarydoofus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having an appcrash upon exiting the game. Not game breaking, but probably worth posting somewhere so people can see it. Since I can't post new threads, I'll drop it here. I only downloaded and installed the game client monday and played yesterday, but every time I've launched the client and exited out I've received this appcrash report. Windows 7 pro, 64 bit OS

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 518074aa
    Fault Module Name: LightFX.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.7.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d3dab51
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00002b5b
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033