test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Booted and now password invalid

bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Been playing for a few hours and suddenly I get booted and my PW is invalid. Any idea whats going on?
Post edited by bardmedicine11 on

Comments

• chronx619chronx619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On a serious note you should just send in a ticket.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Make sure your username is typed in correctly with no special characters in it and such.

My Cryptic Username was Name.Name, PWE no longer supports using periods in usernames though so originally it would log me out and would default to my Cryptic Username (which was an invalid login)
    And of course caps locks needs to be turned off (you wouldn't believe how many people accidentally hit it)

However if that isn't the case please file a support ticket. Did you log in to the forums just now with the password you have been typing in?
  • psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hi Ambi, I have been playing last 2 days myself..went to log in this afternoon and I am getting unable to authenticate message. I did as you said and relogged into the forums just fine. Any ideas at all mate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, what is the exact message?

"Unable to authenticate?"
  • psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah mate thats the message I am getting when I try to log in game...yet using the exact same PW to get into these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Gday Ambi, me again :)
    I restarted the client a couple of times, on about the 4th reload of client I was finally authenticated, so all good now mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Great to hear! Please submit a bug report about that one if you could.

It's nice that it's solved but it'd be better to not have it occur again! :D