test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Client Crash - Sleeping Dragon Bridge

runningman121runningman121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I started playing early access today, I can't get past the Speak to Private Wilfred part of the Sleeping Dragon Bridge quest. As soon as I walk up to Private Wilfred and pass between the two barriers on the bridge, my game client locks up and I have to end the GameClient.exe process to close the game out.

Video Card: Radeon HD 6470M Driver Version- 8.951.6.2300
RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 2.5ghz

Event Viewer Log: Event ID 1002

The program GameClient.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: f44
Start Time: 01ce436c147fcad9
Termination Time: 126
Application Path: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\GameClient.exe
Report Id:

All OS updates have been applied
All drivers have been updated
Game runs fine until this specific point in the quest
I have tried lowering all settings and turning off all graphical enhancements, AA and etc.
I have tried running game as administrator and in compatibility mode

Nothing has worked so far.. Perhaps someone out there or even someone at Cryptic can think of something. I do IT work for a living and have tried everything I can think of, maybe it's something simple i've overlooked. I entered a technical support ticket but I honestly feel frustrated at the fact that the estimated wait time is 3-5 business days. I preordered to play early and can't even do that right now. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by runningman121 on

Comments

• Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Greetings,

Try to find out what .pig file its useing and delete it. When you patch again it should replace it. The "let verify game files" doesn't work most of the time. Also, Make sure 3rd party software isn't effecting Neverwinter. I believe teamviewer and DisplayFusion currently crashes the client.

Thanks
    WOLF
  • Options
    runningman121runningman121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    Greetings,

Try to find out what .pig file its useing and delete it. When you patch again it should replace it. The "let verify game files" doesn't work most of the time. Also, Make sure 3rd party software isn't effecting Neverwinter. I believe teamviewer and DisplayFusion currently crashes the client.

Thanks
    WOLF

Thanks for the fast response, I just deleted all of the .pigg files just to be safe. I didn't see any reference to a particular one in the event viewer logs or anything. I did have teamviewer 8 installed, I completely uninstalled it. Is there a current list of conflicting applications/services? I am currently waiting on the files to patch and reinstall, as soon as that is finished i'll give it another shot.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the fast response, I just deleted all of the .pigg files just to be safe. I didn't see any reference to a particular one in the event viewer logs or anything. I did have teamviewer 8 installed, I completely uninstalled it. Is there a current list of conflicting applications/services? I am currently waiting on the files to patch and reinstall, as soon as that is finished i'll give it another shot.

You're welcome.
    I've only seen the display fusion and teamviewer problems posted. (you can just disable teamviewer and leave it installed) I hope the download solves your issue.

(AKA: Wolf , beholder server)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Still seems to be doing the same thing :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It seems that I can run around anywhere except this one part of the starting zone, the stone bridge or the water beneath it. Everything is fine until I get to that area. As soon as I walk on the stone, or under the stone in the water below the bridge, my game crashes. If I log back in and hold W to move backwards, I move out of the crash spot and can run around just fine. If I don't hold W as soon as I log in, everything crashes within 2-3 seconds.
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Hi runningman,

We're working on an application compatibility list. There are also currently some known issues with Mumble and MSI Afterburner. If the gameclient is hung, but not crashing, you can force it to submit a crash report. That's probably what you should do in this situation. You'll need to use CrypticError.exe, which should be right next to Neverwinter.exe. It will show you a list of processes. When you have the game client hung, run CrypticError, find GameClient.exe (it's a different executable than the launcher), add details that's you are submitting a manual dump for a hang, maybe give your forum name, and the click Send. Post back here with the error ID it gives you.

The only caveat here is I am seeing some forum posts about CrypticError not listing any processes to send reports. As I was typing this forum post, I was able to repro that problem on Win 7 myself, so you may be, um, stuck.

Dave
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh yeah, there is already a thread from our CS about how to submit reports about non-responsive (hung) game clients. Their instructions may be better: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Feedback-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues&p=1087911&viewfull=1#post1087911

Dave
  • Options
    skysavageskysavage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this EXACT same problem with all of my characters. I've deleted all of my primary pigg files. I'll delete the rest now...
  • Options
    skysavageskysavage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright, I deleted my sound.hogg file and then redownloaded it via patching. It seemed to have worked.