test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Altgr key cant use in mail system.

mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since Cryptic chose Altgr key to be the one to escape meny.
So we with EU keyboard cant use mail system.

Went in to Keybindings and turn all alt bindings of. But no use since this one I cant decid.

Thank you so much Cryptic.
Post edited by mhelivor on

Comments

• Options
    mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The problem after every pach isome how reset.
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're working on the EU localization issues (sorry it's not my department but I've seen the email traffic on this issue). I think the mouse mode toggle key is going to be changed to F2.

Could you explain the problem with the mail system in a little more detail? I'm going to direct our UI team to this thread.

Dave
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it possible to be able to choose between F2 and Alt? No disrespect to EU players but I prefer keeping mine on Alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The changes would only be for people in the appropriate locale, so it wouldn't affect US customers.

Dave
  • Options
    danderouslydanderously Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you tell me what language your client is set to? (German, French, English)
    And what keyboard layout you're using? (QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ?)
    It's supposed to pick your default keybindings based on your language.
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hithereyou wrote: »
    We're working on the EU localization issues (sorry it's not my department but I've seen the email traffic on this issue). I think the mouse mode toggle key is going to be changed to F2.

Could you explain the problem with the mail system in a little more detail? I'm going to direct our UI team to this thread.

Dave

Basically to type @ we need to press alt gr +2. The moment we press alt gr the mailwindow closes. So we cant type @handle

Edit: To be more precise

1: Talk to courier
    2: Press "Compose"
    3: In the "To" field I want to send a mail to myself and try to type @aasddkl1123 which requires me to push alt gr + 2. The moment I press alt gr the mailwindow dissapears.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    aasddkl1123: Thank you for a very clear, excellent description of the problem. I'll file a bug report specifically on that. I don't know the status of the AltGr localization changes, but I'll make sure the team gets these details.

Dave
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sorry had long working weekend.
    Im from sweden.
    Using a Swedish keyboard.
    But I think most Germans will have this problem as well.

I can change the alt key that, is default to get back in game when been idle etc. In mail system, to reach my @ button wich is under the 2 button on SWE/Germ Keyboards and whe have to use ALtGr to get to @ under 2. And if I use AltGr I will be thrown out of the mailing system. But if I change the keybindings, after every pach I have to change the keybindings again.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My client is in English.
  • Options
    wickwire579wickwire579 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem (affects the "add friends field" in the social tab as well), i'm on a german keyboard and english game.

also strangely enough all menus close when i try to type in the report bug window, too, not only with the @ character but with all the letters

btw apart from that you could solve the issue for EU players who want to keep ALT by having the @ already in the affected fields
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I found a workaround for this problem. I will describe how to do it especially if you want to send items via the postal courier per mail. Do these steps:

step 1: Go to the postal courier.
    step 2: Press Altgr and keep the key pressed until you have finished the steps 2-6 of the workaround.
    You will notice that the game will switch into mousecursor mode, and back right again.
    step 3: Target the postal courier and hit 'f'. The mail window will open.
    step 4: Hit 'i' to open your inventory.
    step 5: Select 'compose' with your mouse to switch to the compose tab.
    step 6: Now hit 'q' on your keyboard or the key that is associated with producing the '@' sign on your keyboard layout. Finally the '@' sign will appear in the 'To:' prompt.
    step 7: Release the Altgr key.
    step 8: Enter the desired recipient. You might have to use your 'cursor left' and 'cursor right' keys to navigate in the 'To:' field without deleting the '@' sign.
    step 9: Enter subject of email and email text if you like and drag and drop items out of your inventory into the mail. then hit 'send'.

Sending mails without items and postal courier work in a similar way: Replace step 3 by doing this: Press your normal Alt key instead of the 'f' key and select the mail icon with your mouse.

(I encountered this bug as a german user having a QWERTZ keyboard layout playing the game in english)
  • Options
    riotpls2riotpls2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rebound the mouse mode to F2 and it works fine now with my Belgian AZERTY keyboard.
  • Options
    ravul3travul3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem. To send a mail just:

1. Write the name in the chat box. You can use the Alt GR key when you're chatting.
    2. Copy it and delete from the chat box.
    3. Paste in the adress box.
    4. Done! :p