test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need, greed, pass

2»

Comments

• dariuscstarrdariuscstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most chests allow everyone to loot them separately. May be a few outliers though.
    9.jpg
  • thatdamnavatarthatdamnavatar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most chests allow everyone to loot them separately. May be a few outliers though.

Yeah, not to my experience yet, unfortunately. If you're referring to the chests that happen to be along the way in the dungeon.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, not to my experience yet, unfortunately. If you're referring to the chests that happen to be along the way in the dungeon.

Really? I heard that was corrected. Wow if not.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Everyone,

I have to say I am not a big fan of this form of looting ( N/G/P ), I will use the DDO looting here as example, If the party was at a chest all loot was for the person named inside, and if someone wanted to trade an item over it was an easy click in the drop down menu.

I like this method because you maybe be in a new pug and someone that may just be rubbing you the wrong way, and somehow they think they would be entitled to an item, just because it's there.

There was also the option to roll if multiple people wanted the item, and the holder could specify the roll D10, D50, d100, d1000 at least if there were a system like that for loot in NWO there would be a little more control over who the item(s) went to.

People may say they want it for an alt but I figure it will be on the Auction as soon as they leave the quest/area/group,

I would even be in raid groups in DDO that all of a sudden we were rolling for epic loot just because there was something in it that someone needed or was hard to get, I actually got into a verbal conflict with someone due to this, I got a few good drops in an epic raid my very first time in, that were good for my toon.

This person got mad at me because I didn't put my items up for roll that had my name on them in the chest(s), I just flat out told the person, " Well I guess That Info should have been put in the LFG Info on social then, not say we are rolling for everything after the chest is open "

I won't play NWO any different when it comes to loot , if I'm grouping with some people and get loot if I am questing with my regular friend(s) I will give any items I have to them first and if they don't need it for their toon then I will gladly trade it to another in the group.

However if it is just going to be put up for sale then I would hope that the item sale would be shared out among those involved,

But that is too " straight arrow / Paladin " for most people I guess.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • jimthegrayjimthegray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    I know this has been said before, but with the AH as a means of getting Astral Diamonds every group I am in people just roll need on all blues/purples. Please in such a day and age add where if it is not for your class that you cannot roll need on it. Im so sick of watching upgrades go to other classes that cant use just to see them pop up on the AH later. Your economy system promotes this as essentially free AD for need rollers.

So we have a community of no talking need rolling greedy peeps essentially. All in the name of the mighty astral diamond.

Cheers!

to be fair people do that in wow pugs also.

though I would like it if you could only roll need on items you could use
    When we turn away from the darkness of
    our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
    sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
    there is much worth remembering in the darkness...
  • faergorrfaergorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am talking about chests in dungeon. I am curious whether same system applies even to items looted from chests - need,greed,pass.
    Haven't played Neverwinter Online yet, but from what I read, who comes first, gets loot first, which sucks.