test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To all guardians..your first character?

solarus45solarus45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
About an hour before early access for us guardian.

What race/class will your first character be?

Human devoted cleric here

P.S: Can not wait to log
Post edited by solarus45 on

Comments

• soulg123soulg123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Half-orc GWF

P.S: Me neither!
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    I will be a CW but i cannot decide human or Tiefling =/
  • jollyteejollytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Debating between the Guardian Fighter and the Great Weapons fighter.
    As for race, dwarf or half-orc, as I like to envision myself as a rampaging drunk lunatic when I play these games :D.

P.S. I too cannot wait to log in.
  • solarus45solarus45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    O the dreaded indecision of race! I hope you will have a final answer before the countdown reach 0
  • scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We still got room for one or two more Guardians!

http://relentlessnw.enjin.com/

Join now for a all night gaming session, TS details in the link!
  • naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited April 2013
    Dwarf Guardian Fighter for solo/grp, and a Devoted Cleric not sure what race yet for when my friends are on.
    18.jpg
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Human rogue.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I haven't really done any research on the game, or played in any of the betas, been avoiding hype as much as possible, so I'm not really sure what I want. I'm probably going to make a few characters right away and check out the character customization options and see what the classes are about. A rough idea of what I want would be a halfling rogue, human cleric, and tiefling wizard, in that order, but that depends entirely on how good each race looks to me in game. Then I also plan to convert some of my AD into Zen right away to buy a couple more character slots to make one of each of the fighters, no idea what races.
    edited April 2013
    I do not advise changing your AD to Zen currently as the exchange rate they go for right now is 500AD for 1 zen (the maximum). I would wait for the exchange rate to get to a lower AD to Zen rate but if you need the character slot ASAP go ahead ~
  • kndbkndb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling Trickster Rogue
  • scneedlscneedl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tiefling control wizard!
  • frenkel1frenkel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Half-Elf Guardian Fighter, haven't decided on male or female yet
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What classes are available for Open Beta? Anything other than CB 4 had?
  • hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Human Rogue. My first character (main) in all RPG/ARPGs is always a hunter/archer type character and then a Rogue but since there is no Archer type character yet i am going with Rogue.

Then some form of wizard/mage as my 2nd.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    GWF but i'm not sure about the race...gotta decide between human / half orc / tiefling
    edited April 2013
    To Adamaant: Exactly the same as CB4
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    solarus45 wrote: »
    I do not advise changing your AD to Zen currently as the exchange rate they go for right now is 500AD for 1 zen (the maximum). I would wait for the exchange rate to get to a lower AD to Zen rate but if you need the character slot ASAP go ahead ~

Ah, thanks, I was curious what the rates would be this early. Sometimes it's cheaper to convert right away, but I guess the massive burst of AD all these founders start with is having the opposite effect.
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Human Rogue. My first character (main) in all RPG/ARPGs is always a hunter/archer type character and then a Rogue but since there is no Archer type character yet i am going with Rogue.

Then some form of wizard/mage as my 2nd.
    Why isn't there an archer type? Is that planned? I can't imagine a DND game without a ranger.
  • jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Human DC but once I get in I'll most prob throw my plans out the window and go for something else
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    adamaant wrote: »
    Why isn't there an archer type? Is that planned? I can't imagine a DND game without a ranger.

yes ranger has been announced to be in development
  • valkrillvalkrill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Going with GWF to play with whatever my gf plays and devoted Cleric as the solo/alt. Though funny thing is that im actually having Hard Drive issues so If the game plays bad I may be off to do a reinstall.
  • hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adamaant wrote: »
    From what i have read the ranger is going to be in a expansion or content update.

Yeah, it's crazy that a DND game doesn't have a ranger from the get go. It's crazy that any RPG (especially western RPG) doesn't have it. It's sad but it is what it is. I am not a fan of brute/warrior classes so i am pretty much stuck with a Wizard/Rogue which is totally fine, i love rogues.

Also, i haven't played the game yet so i don't know about how the skills are, is there a skill tree? If so is there a site i can play around on while i wait?
    edited April 2013
    jester000 wrote: »
    Human DC but once I get in I'll most prob throw my plans out the window and go for something else

I know this feeling =P
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Well that's good news. I hope it will be soon. I'll probably go rogue till then.
  • mu1dermu1der Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Human rogue FTW!
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My first two will be Half-elf CW, and Tiefling TR
  • gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not a guardian but I am going to be rolling a Half-Orc guardian Fighter and i've done ALOT of research and will be going STR+DEX as my 2 main stats. Damage midigation will come later on anyways and most tanks get 4 shotted anyways without havbing shield up.
  • gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »

So has the Scourage Warlock =))
  • vorsandvorsand Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After reading my first Neverwinter book a few nights ago (gauntlgrym) I have a whole new level of respect for dwarves, so I think I'm going:

Dwarf devoted cleric
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to rush a Human GWF to 10 to start my profession empire.

Then I'm going to start logging some serious hours on a Rogue (Torn between H/O and Human) to be my main.

Then on May 5th I'm getting together with a group of friends and we're going to LAN a 5 man party, and I'm going to roll a Dwarf Guardian Fighter.