test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lock boxes on the auction house

voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
if theyre being sold for over 200 ad, someone is trying to rip you off. Honestly, they drop so frequently after level 10 theyre not worth buying at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elguirielguiri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    U cant sell them in the AH. You can sell the keys, but not the boxes.
    All your daily MMORPG news in Spanish: www.zonammorpg.com
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The whole lockbox idea is very silly as it's a way for Perfect World to generate more cash for the weak willed people. I have like 8 or so boxes right now and intend to only buy keys with Astral Diamonds when I covert them into Zen as currently I have 2.6 million Astral Diamonds, but I'm keeping them for now in case someone awesome comes out xD
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    elguiri wrote: »

So why are they being listed by people on the auction house in the thousands?
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    The whole lockbox idea is very silly as it's a way for Perfect World to generate more cash for the weak willed people. I have like 8 or so boxes right now and intend to only buy keys with Astral Diamonds when I covert them into Zen as currently I have 2.6 million Astral Diamonds, but I'm keeping them for now in case someone awesome comes out xD

Same here !
    I have 2.6 just sitting there.
    & temptation to spend them is driving me insane !
    But, I have enough discipline to hold my composure because I'm sure something totally awesome will come out. :3
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    elguiri wrote: »

Noo. You can list them in the AH.
    Last time I checked, they were in the 1000's~
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    On the flip side to this, as long as people are selling them in the 1000s it probably the best time to drop them on the ah slightly under the cost that the ad vendor sells them for
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    Same here !
    I have 2.6 just sitting there.
    & temptation to spend them is driving me insane !
    But, I have enough discipline to hold my composure because I'm sure something totally awesome will come out. :3

well, these are nightmare lock boxes. If nothing interests you, you should dump them before people realize what a waste of AD it is to open them. Right now you can easily sell them for around 200 AD which is what the AD vendor sells them for. It wont be long before you wont be able to sell them at all and theyre going to take up your inventory.

if something awesome comes out in the future, it will be a completely different lock box, not the nightmare lock box.
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    People are honestly trying to rip people off? I just put every lockbox I get up for 175 buyout, to help the people doing mass openings a little (while helping myself too).
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for letting us know.

I'll pass on the information. I wouldn't expect allowing people to sell them for more than the store price is intentional...
    But then again, as voodoopapa said after a short time it likely won't be possible to do that anymore anyway.

Never-the-less I will make sure PWE Staff see this. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I will gladly sell them for 175 AD ;)
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for letting us know.

I'll pass on the information. I wouldn't expect allowing people to sell them for more than the store price is intentional...
    But then again, as voodoopapa said after a short time it likely won't be possible to do that anymore anyway.

Never-the-less I will make sure PWE Staff see this. Thanks for the info.

I think it's mostly a non-issue - stuff put up for ridiculous prices won't sell, generally speaking, as people will realize they can buy them cheaper elsewhere. This is why I post mine for 175 on the AH, though...they sell instantly like that. :D