test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter gateway question

iceyrabbiticeyrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So this idea has been on my mind for awhile since the gateway was spoken off by the devs,

So in this light.. now that we have a webpage for it.. can we expect a Gateway neverwinter App for the mobile phones?
like android / apple / windows phone, so we can eve manage our crafting on the mobile phone?.

I know some other games have experimented with a moble phone auction house. so I figured why not a gathering app for neverwinter!
Post edited by iceyrabbit on

Comments

• l0cklynl0cklyn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really like this. I just can't contribute.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In before "Apps ruined MMOs"
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The only application I would personally use is a mobile phone authenticator for account security.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would be nice, discovered the page myself yesterday and it seems to work really well. Very nice being able to remotely manage my hirelings.
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im stuck at working so I am using the gateway to level my professions. I thought the amount of astral diamonds to finish the missions early would be reduced as time went on but it seems that this is not the case. I have 4 minutes left and it is still 4150 to end my current leadership task. Is this the same in game also or just when using the gateway?
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it looks like they have now fixed the problem...
  • thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have not been able to get the gateway to work for me no matter what. I tried opening it on internet explorer as well as firefox. All I can do is log into it and it just shows the character list and when I click on my character nothing happens. I did make sure my cookies are enabled so that isn't the problem. Any ideas as to what might be wrong with it?
  • mcgiver73mcgiver73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    I have not been able to get the gateway to work for me no matter what. I tried opening it on internet explorer as well as firefox. All I can do is log into it and it just shows the character list and when I click on my character nothing happens. I did make sure my cookies are enabled so that isn't the problem. Any ideas as to what might be wrong with it?

Same problem here :/
  • myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thisisi wrote: »

Me too, IE, FF and Chrome. I've never been able to get into Gateway from day one.
  • ivorytower0671ivorytower0671 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I don't feel alone I can't get Firefox or IE to get past showing me my characters either!
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the gateway webpage itself actually works well on many mobile phones via the web browser
  • ivorytower0671ivorytower0671 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I've confirmed that I can't get logged in past the characters on any browser or iOS device (iPhone or iPad) and my friend can get in all day on the same devices and browsers... It's gotta be my account. Looks like he had a Cryptic account before this event started.
  • myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried on my droid on the built in browser, FF and Chrome. No go :(
  • velforcevelforce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blocked at work, wont work on my iphone, and its not working in IE on my surface Rt tablet

edit: that is to say I cant get past the character select scree on the table, and on the iphone it is only letting me go into my 2 alt characters, but not my main, which is odd, and annoying as that is te character I wanted to work on crafting on

edit2: on the surface and iphone both I can now see one of my three characters, my most recently created character....not my maim
  • velforcevelforce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velforce wrote: »
    blocked at work, wont work on my iphone, and its not working in IE on my surface Rt tablet

edit: that is to say I cant get past the character select scree on the table, and on the iphone it is only letting me go into my 2 alt characters, but not my main, which is odd, and annoying as that is te character I wanted to work on crafting on

edit2: on the surface and iphone both I can now see one of my three characters, my most recently created character....not my maim

update, after getting into the one character, I tried deleting the character name in the web address, and typed in the name of the character I was wanting to access, and it let me in

temporary workaround for anyone else having the same issue
  • rasalvat0rerasalvat0re Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you guys get Astral Diamonds or Items when Collecting Results via Gateway? I don't seem to get credit for it..
  • nosupportsofarnosupportsofar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Gateway is insecure. I lost my account due to it being hacked .. of course this hasn't been acknowledged as a problem. Prior to using it there was no problem with me ingame.

So any app must be ultrasecure.
  • hal314hal314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all,
    2 suggestion:
    1 - I miss a lot an inventory tab! When I'm deciding what to buy in the auction house e.g.
    2 - It should be nice a "Print Character Sheet" button that generates a pdf to read /print /save ; it can be an alternative to the previus point.
  • theharakiwitheharakiwi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hope they'll release an android app soon.

1.) The website is sometimes a bit buggy and i have to reload every few minutes (phone/tablets cut off the WiFi to save energy).
    It happens from time to time on my characters: I can't open my professions. They load and i can't do ****. No job in the list, not even level 1 like hire someone.
    It's really hard to re-enter complicated passwords via touch screen keyboards every few minutes -.-

2.) An app has another big advantage: it saves bandwidth and as an result loads faster.
    (website reloads, due to logout/login and character changes, are cpu intensive too)
  • mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you guys get Astral Diamonds or Items when Collecting Results via Gateway? I don't seem to get credit for it..

No I don't think I have EVER gotten the RAD that I am supposed get from Leadership quests. At least not in the last 3 weeks I have been aware of the "bug" (guildie told me). I just don't do any quests that give you RAD or do them but not collect until I log on. I do get the items (chests, maps and so on).
  • soulmarinessoulmarines Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Working fine for me on android on Opera Next, and firefox, tested on 3G,4G,WIFI, thanks PW :))))))
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Working fine for me on android on Opera Next, and firefox, tested on 3G,4G,WIFI, thanks PW :))))))

Why did this need to be necroed just for you to say it works fine for you?