test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Webpages opening with NWN Launcher

tweaky87tweaky87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I'm having a serious issue and i cannot seem to find how to fix it. So while i'm waiting on CS to contact me back i'll see if someone else had the same issue i have now.

I just downloaded the NWN Client and installed it, tho when i open up the launcher my firefox seems to load a new webpage every 5 second with an add on it. I've tried everything i could, even tested it out with other browsers and other game launcher. Yet it seems no matter wich browser the launcher keeps opening up pages, and no other game launcher has the same effect. After the first time i was done patching i had to close over 300 firefox pages with all of them having 1 single add.

Never before did i have an issue like this, so i'm 105% sure it has to do with the NWN launcher.
I was inclined of downloading it again from a mirror site, but who is to say it wont happen again.

Anyone else experienced an issue like this?

Regards
Post edited by tweaky87 on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't even imagine what you are saying :P If it were me, I would run malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/malware_lp/?gclid=CJ24iKTl6bYCFaV_QgodrlwA_A
  • tweaky87tweaky87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No worries, on the addware - virus side i scan my pc daily, in safe mode. Yet it does not find anything, and i would ofcourse be alarmed if something else other then the Neverwinter Launcher triggers the addpages to open. Seems i'll have to continue looking until i either find something or CS can tell me more. Cheers for the reply tho.

On a side note, on the Tech Support forum someone else is experiencing this problem aswell.
    And even the nw and tech forum both have this ad running on their page aswell.
  • jtmob4211jtmob4211 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same issue with my game to and i know its not virus cause i check mine all time to and never finds anything. im jsut glad someone else having same issue and im not only one but still sems no one has figured out how to fix issue from what i can see
  • kociatkokociatko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jtmob4211 wrote: »
    i have the same issue with my game to and i know its not virus cause i check mine all time to and never finds anything. im jsut glad someone else having same issue and im not only one but still sems no one has figured out how to fix issue from what i can see

Hi, also have this same problem. It's stopping only when i get error message. It is annoying and make me almoust unable to login - Advertisement like those:
    http://imgads.seriousads.net/afr.php?zoneid=67&cb=220434446
    Pop up over the launcher.

Please help !
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried using your browser's pop-blocker?