test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

unpublish?

syynsyyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
Is it possible to unpublish an adventure after you have published it and people have tried it? Like for maintenence or anything? And if you can, what does that do to the stats that you may already have such as number of times played, rating, etc?
Post edited by syyn on

Comments

• Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If your ratings are bad, I would suggest copying the quest, then delete the old one. Republish the copied one once you have it polished.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Its not that my ratings are bad - I've never published an adventure yet. I'm asking because I want a few friends to test out the little bit that I have made so far and then would want to be able to unpublish it. I just dont want people to waste their time jumping in it and then leave a terrible review or something even though I put in the title and the description not to play it as this was a test.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    just for a test, I tried to duplicate my quest but it fails with "Invalid Foundry Project Request" message, then it logs me out. I'll enter a bug about it, but this makes me a bit nervous about letting my friends test my quest since I wont be able to do what you mentioned zovya, and duplicate my quest and delete the old one. :(
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You are able to withdraw a quest at any time, at least if nothing has changed since I tried it.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You don't have to unpublish, just work on it and then republish over itself when you have made changes. This has never altered the ratings or stars etc. in the past. I assume the copy would start anew. For the "Invalid Foundry Project Request", check how many letters are in your quest title and make sure that you aren't going over the maximum once it adds the word "COPY to it. Also it could maybe be a profanity filter thing. Things like "Isn't it" "Wasn't it" "Can't It" "Shouldn't It" etc. all end with 3 letters that would flag it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    excellent. Thanks Tilt42. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    You don't have to unpublish, just work on it and then republish over itself when you have made changes. This has never altered the ratings or stars etc. in the past. I assume the copy would start anew. For the "Invalid Foundry Project Request", check how many letters are in your quest title and make sure that you aren't going over the maximum once it adds the word "COPY to it. Also it could maybe be a profanity filter thing. Things like "Isn't it" "Wasn't it" "Can't It" "Shouldn't It" etc. all end with 3 letters that would flag it.
    great info to know, thanks for sharing. :) I'm betting mine is going over the limit when I copy it then.