test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No offense, but I dont want to be in 1 custom channel with the Trekkies

aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
People, who came from 1 country usually have a channel where they can talk to each other about the game in their own language. It turned out the chat is linked with the star trek online game. It sounds cool and all but we have to make a new channel now and less people will know that channel... great.
Post edited by aullah12 on

Comments

• doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've never seen this before, maybe a bug or people were just talking about Star Trek while you were playing.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    I've never seen this before, maybe a bug or people were just talking about Star Trek while you were playing.

Nope, CO, STO, and NWO all have connected chat systems. You can join channels with players in other games and send them PMs.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you have a custom chat channel, it can be accessed from any of the Cryptic games. They are tied together. I haven't seen that with the regular channels though. I figure it's a social thing for friends to stay in touch across games, but I'm not a fan of it.

If I'm in CO, I see my STO chat and vice versa. Sometimes I just have to deselect it. But, that's not always a solution I realize.

In NW, I still see the messages when friends from STO or CO log in and out as well. It's just always been that way.
    L'sya Raiya
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if this is true, its pretty fail and an obvious try from Cryptic to make it look like the game is more social than it is...
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    if this is true, its pretty fail and an obvious try from Cryptic to make it look like the game is more social than it is...

Except you have to go out of your way to get to it. It's only custom channels that are linked.
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Its so IF you have a buddy that is STO4lif, and another buddy that is CO4lif, then you can chat with them easy.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It actually sounds like a pretty nifty feature.
  • demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    People, who came from 1 country usually have a channel where they can talk to each other about the game in their own language. It turned out the chat is linked with the star trek online game. It sounds cool and all but we have to make a new channel now and less people will know that channel... great.
    infi321 wrote: »

How much longer are you going to cry about a problem you have to choose to participate in?

Cross game chat is only for private channels created by the players. If someone from STO is in your chat channel, apparently your social circle extends across multiple games.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hate when games give me options.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys, just change your own channel options. Remember, YOU created the custom channel, NOT Cryptic. Cryptic went out of their way to make it a neat feature that enables you to view your custom channel in the game. If the channel you are referring to is an STO related channel, then that is what the maker intended, so it is best not to expect everyone to suddenly go "Neverwinter" just because the chat is available here as well.

This chat system is an awesome convenience. It enables our Guild/Fleet to talk across the games to each other. If my fleet-mates want/need help, and they post and I am able, I'll switch games and help. It's also great for keeping up the social system for our guilds and fleets, which is precisely what this chat sharing system is for.

As stated by other posters above, this ONLY effects custom channels, so if you have an issue with the channel you are referring to, you need to hit up the player who made the channel, not Cryptic. You are also just as free as we are to create your own channel and keep it Neverwinter related if you so choose :)
    I hate when games give me options.

LOL. Apparently so do some other folks, only they aren't joking like we are LOL.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually, this sounds kind of cool. Its not like the Champions general chat channels, are filled with people looking for fleet action parties.

Also, if you're in a custom chat channel, and its all STO, MAKE ANOTHER CHANNEL.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is great. Managing both the STO and NW guilds is a snap with this feature. If I do not want to hear them, I just uncheck it.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • vivisaurvivisaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some reason I'm having trouble inviting a friend to my channel even tho Im the channel owner. Any help? or maybe im doing it wrong as well.