test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Opening Cinematic - Well Done!

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
That was quite a nice treat upon logging in. To the team that put together the opening cinematic, well done, sirs. Well done, indeed!
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darkpoisonelfdarkpoisonelf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved it too, but I have a question, The rogue; what race do you think she was supposed to be Halfling or Elf?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    She is a Half-Elf.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, really got me pumped to dive into the game. Looks amazing...
  • Options
    deepdiggerdeepdigger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can i see it again? i unintentionally hit ESC and now cant see it again.
  • Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I agree it was pretty cool!

I wished Star Trek Online has a cool cinematic like this one! :P
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yea STO needs a cinematic like D&D:Neverwinter!
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent job. I'm a member of a small 3D Art community and i can say that is a good 3D rendered movie. I wonder if this was rendered in Cryptic Studio or it's requested/bought (like the Forsaken World opening cinematic) from a company which does such things ..however it's great.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really liked the intro sequence. Just everything about it - the characters had such personality in their faces. Very close to scaling out of uncanny valley!

I'd like to find out more about all of them in the game - so far I think I've come across the tiefling mage and isn't Sgt Knox the axe wielding GWF?

I would LOVE to be able to watch it again on a whim now my character slots are all full.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure that was Knox, yes. I really enjoyed the intro as well, especially since I hadn't even expected there to be one!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna bump this just once... But I really really want an option to watch that opening cinematic whenever I feel like it. Please Cryptic, won't you put the option in? :D *bats eyelashes* ;)
  • Options
    crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Malkos, the Tiefling, was great. Made the whole thing for me. Just stays calm and matter of fact through the whole thing. Never mind the horde of undead outside the city and the Dracolich breathing down their necks.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Not a perfect capture of it but here is the full version in 1080p.

And here are the three segments.
    Siege of Neverwinter Part 1.
    Siege of Neverwinter Part 2.
    Siege of Neverwinter Part 3.
  • Options
    ladyredmichelleladyredmichelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was squealing through the entire thing. So wonderful. I'd take a whole freakin' two hour long movie with that kind of beauty! It was so exciting. Argh, what I'd give for a new age DnD movie... :'(

... though, I admit, I do sooorta wish they'd given a little more polish to the interactions that immediately follow on the newbie shoreline. The slideshow flashback and low-quality audio (not to mention the lack of lip-sync.. oops) sort of made me laugh.
  • Options
    fickles2fickles2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was rather impressed too, bravo.
  • Options
    sundevil3sundevil3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree . . . truly epic!
    Not a perfect capture of it but here is the full version in 1080p.
    I didn't realize what we see in game was a cut version. It makes more sense after watching this.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah after seeing three craptatsic D&D movies, this shows me what could be.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Yea the intro cinematic was totally awesome :)
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Always annoys me when characters that are supposed to be representing classes in a game do things those classes can't do. Wizard casting with a spell dagger, rogue switching weapons and teleporting all over the place, cleric turning undead, GWF using a great axe (like an axe, not swinging around a skinned sword at high speed). Great movie, but just doesn't represent the game at all.