Welcome everyone to Neverwinter!!!
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Companions are awesome. When you get to level 16 you are able to perform a quest that will reward you your choice of one free companion out of five: Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Guardian and Dog. You get a guardian and cleric companion later on so unless you truly need one or the other, I suggest you get something different for the reward.

At what level do you get the higher level guardian/cleric?

I also read that some clerics don't really heal (like some store bought ones). So if I'm interested in getting a cleric who heals, is it better to get the lv 16 one or the higher lv one?
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That is a good question.

As I have played through the game (36 now) I have not received another companion yet. So this will have to be changed in the OP. I thought I remembered getting a free companion in my mid 20s in the Beta Weekends.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    1 hour 45 minutes until the game goes Open Beta !!!
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Woot! Open Beta for all!!!!
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the shameless bumps in this thread
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I know right!

I appreciate the blind eye the moderators are giving it, for now.

This will stop probably tomorrow when everyone who is new new has a chance to at least have their basic questions answered :D
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good morning everyone!
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    razzy415razzy415 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it was already discussed by someone - no need to die just type /unstuck to get out of crevices.
  • Options
    kyssumikyssumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    also worth noting that a number of leadership missions give you AD as well :)
    "Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice find about the /unstuck command.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    stylegamingstylegaming Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very good information.

Thank you for your time/work invested in this.
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    It is possible to Transfer Claimed Astral Diamonds from one Character to another Character on the same account and the same shard

To do this, you first need to open up the Astral Diamond Exchange (The Gem Icon on the Menu Bar) and then you will need to place an offer to Buy Zen for Astral Diamonds (in effect, selling your ADs). Immediately after placing the Listing, cancel the Listing on your active trades tab. This will then place those Astral Diamonds into an Exchange Pool. You can then log out of that character and log in with a different character and go into the Exchange and claim them from your Exchange Pool. You cannot transfer Astral Diamonds across Shards however, as each Shard has it's own Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction Houses. You can only place refined Astral Diamonds into the Exchange

But what's to stop the order from actually going through? Someone said post 1 Zen for 50 ADs (the minimum for both), but..doesn't that put 50 ADs in the balance after you cancel? And wouldn't you then have to cancel dozens of orders to get the right amount? If i want to send, say, 200,000 ADs to another guy.. I'm afraid the order will go through and I'll actually receive Zen when I don't want it, then I would have to sell that Zen to get the diamonds I want. But there's a risk of losing diamonds in the process. It's a COMPLETELY unnecessary process for an expected feature.

Am I missing something? How are some of you getting diamonds to other characters without issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zhielzhiel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go RO! Thanks for the post, Hawke!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Diamond Exchange is what the developers posted as a work around. You are still going to lose some diamonds.

Another way is to post something on the auction house, some crappy item, make it 100k or something, then have your character with the diamonds buy it. After like 10% or some insane exchange rate, the diamonds will have been effectively transfered over.

If you are looking to use the diamonds to buy equipment or companions, so long as it is not bind on aquire, just buy them with your Mr Moneybags character and then mail it to yourself.

Some of the info is kinda off like the mounts being 5 gold now (not happy about that Cyptic! ) and there is no way you are going to have 5 gold at level 20 without external help. It will probably be more feasable around your mid-late 20s to have enough gold for a mount now.

But it has help several people. Knowledge is power and the best way to keep someone in game, is to help them transition into the game.

I could not have done this without the support of the community and of course the forum moderator team.

Thank you all, again.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for this guide! You are awesome for keeping up on this! :D
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too do not recall receiving another companion on the graveyard quest. would love a slightly better cleric.
  • Options
    lilmouserlilmouser Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a companion but for the life of me I cant recall what quest i got it from but let me tell you it has saved me big time. Oh and LOVE the post