test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh HAMSTER...

z1y0nz1y0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I am a Hero of the North founder and I made a character and quickly claimed my astral diamonds. I realized I didn't like the way my character/toon looked so I deleted him to make a new character with the same name and alas, my astral diamonds are gone. (They are not account-wide?!?!)

Oh boy, I submitted a ticket but wow, /facepalm myself
Post edited by z1y0n on

Comments

• Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are account bound up until you claim them on a character, then they belong to that character
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    z1y0nz1y0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just to report, I noticed the zen flashing and I got them back. Either it takes awhile for it to register in game or a dev helped me out. Anyway, awesome. I would like to get a dev's or PWE Moderator's response on this, though.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    AD are not account wide, each character has their own. You can transfer them via the Zen-AD exchange though.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The AD value from the founder pack is stored in an account-wide claim until you claim it.

Once claimed it becomes bound to that character.

Don't claim any of it unless you know what you're doing with it.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Once claimed it becomes bound to that character.

That's not entirely true. You can transfer AD between characters via the exchange.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know it sucks, but this has been discussed many times.

Put in a ticket and see what happens. Hopefully, in this case they'll reimburse; but who knows.

Good luck.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ah, thanks for all the replies and information. I do not recall reading any threads about this, but hey, lesson learned, right? ;) Like I mentioned in my second post, I did get reimbursed quite quickly. (thanks admins!) Forum Admins can close thread.
  • Options
    teekup#4403 teekup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing happened to me. I made my first character and claimed all my diamonds (totally unaware they would be bound to that character) and soon decided I didn't like that character. I deleted it to make a new person and quickly realized all my diamonds were gone. I submitted a ticket a couple days ago but I haven't heard anything from them :(
    I would truly appreciate being reimbersed if possible.