test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many old school D&D players do we have

vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been playing since the 70s when it 1st came out as chainmail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainmail_%28game%29
Post edited by vatasha on

Comments

• valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    Mh i started with the 3.5, 10 years ago
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I played Baldur's Gate 1 when it was released.
  • beliallavi666beliallavi666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been playing D&D since 1994, every Tuesday and Saturday since then. with only a few interruptions.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I played AD&D up to 3rd but I quit playing PnP around 2003. Friends graduated school and I went into the Army.
  • headbangerbaldheadbangerbald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Been playing since the 80's here. It's not D&D but Dungeon Master on my Atari ST was the first RPG I ever played and have loved the genre ever since.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some basic D&d box with realy crappy dice I bough at PX in wildflicken .
  • psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    /raises hand...early 80's here...omg so old!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • headbangerbaldheadbangerbald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ohh and used to play games like Pools of Radiance etc
  • darthdisneydarthdisney Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    red and blue box ... aka I'm old as time
  • khadedeveronkhadedeveron Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Played the original first edition when it came out :)
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    <-- old. lol. went to school. stayed in school. I was a dm when i was 9, in the 70's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yo! Late 70's PnP, all the wonderful Gold Box SSI D&D games, GenCon attendee for many years in Milwaukee and anything else that comes along til I'm planted in the ground!
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    This guy right here yo
  • jaemiinejaemiine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I played a little in the 80's, but was forced to quit when it was banned for being satanic. Didn't really get into it again until a few years ago and 4e.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »

The Dead Ale Wives rock. :)

Though somebody cut some of the sound off this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ohh and used to play games like Pools of Radiance etc

Yes... 2.5 Ed for me.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • scootmienscootmien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    I have been playing since the 70s when it 1st came out as chainmail

Me too, maybe a few years after you though. I started in '77 with original D&D and Blackmoor (which I still have). Veteran of Tunnels and Trolls and Bunnies and Burrrows too.
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Been playing since it was released in the 70's. I stopped playing PnP D&D a few years ago due to lack of people to play with, but still read up on it, and check out all of the new rules. Not a big fan of the 4E rules. I guess I'm still old-schoool and prefer the AD&D rules.

Played all of the official D&D PC games, and many non-official.
  • willadarkeaglewilladarkeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still have my Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook from 1978 when I started playing. I guess that makes me Old School--not to mention, I am 54...lol
  • elloradannonelloradannon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    started playing dnd in 1986. Love the game. I have been playing dnd computer games since the first one they ever put out, Pool of Radiance. Then there was champions of Krynn, secret of the silver blades, and a bunch of others. Those games were awesome back in the day, and I hope that this game lives up to what ive heard about it.
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    jaemiine wrote: »
    I played a little in the 80's, but was forced to quit when it was banned for being satanic. Didn't really get into it again until a few years ago and 4e.

Man, I remember those days. My father used to complain about me playing it because of all of the claims of it being satanic, and kids committing suicide over it. What a silly world it was then.

Thank God the 90's came along, the 80's were just crazy.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PnP I started with 3.0, but have been reading/playing AD&D books/games since before then. :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited April 2013
    I played when Dwarf was a class. And got excited when the blue box came out.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Never really "played" PnP. Had a few of the box sets in my house as a kid, I looked through the manuals, played with the pewter figures, and drew maps on graph paper, but then I got a VIC-20 and started playing video games instead. Dunno if that counts. First time I ever really got into D&D gameplay was Baldur's Gate.
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started playing D&D at 2001. I am 28.
  • braig01braig01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jaemiine wrote: »

Ha! I remember that tripe!

So was Kiss
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Been playing since '76 and the boxed set booklets.

All die, so die well.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ever wonder why D&D started out as pen and paper? Personal computers DID NOT EXIST YET. ~AHEM~

Original D&D (version 1.0) <--- P&P D&D since 1976-ish. Yes, even before the Saturday morning *cartoon*.

~cough~
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Late '70s.
    We walked to the old school 6 miles in the snow. Uphill. Both ways.