test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What performance / FPS will I get?

rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My computer is this:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
6GB Ram
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPU's), ~ 2.8GHz
NVIDIA GEForce GTX 650 (2GB vram version)

Can I run this game perfectly....?
I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
Post edited by rasereiamok on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my q8400,gtx 550ti,4gb ram ,win7 64bit run it on max easy ,but my display is only 1200x1600
  • Options
    kina1991kina1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that seems kind of a beastly spec u got there, and yea full on high everything with great fps, even in cityes for sure.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Unless the game is 32bit only and locked to 2 cores, like so many others. I have no idea, just saying.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    City is the only place that FPS drops for me.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it all depends on the acceleration versus weight of the object. For instance a high rate of power would cause fast acceleration to a light object. However the resistance of the atmosphere, versus the weight and momentum of said object, could also severely effect... Feet Per Second. :)
  • Options
    gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    argantis, What?

Anyway, you should be able to do 60fps on medium, at ALL times. Maybe the same on the highest setting, note that i mean in cities with lots of players and effect heavy fights with many people.

I have:
    i7 2600k@4.7ghz
    GTX 580 3gb
    16gb Ram
    1920x1080 monitor

I never noticed any framedrops on max in NWO, and i have around 40fps in heavy WvW playing GW2 with all settings maxed. Arguably my spec is better, but performance-wise i don't think it really matters for NWO. But as mentioned earlier there might be framedrops when you have areas with many models moving about (cpu-demanding) or many effects (gpu-demanding).
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thought this would be a good place to tell people how to check their FPS in the game.

Type /showfps 1
    To turn it on in game.

Type /showfps 0
    To turn it off in game.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Sure, it all seems great on paper until you actually start playing the game on a rig well above the recommended requirements and discover you get 33 fps in any town with more than 5 npcs and battlegrounds are capped at 30 fps, and you get so pissed that you start looking left and right on what could possibly be eating your computer's resources. You start making threads in the technical forums and people with obvious lower specs claim to having better results than you. You then ask your computer supplier for a better CPU as it seems that was culprit and he is baffled about why would you possibly be wanting an event more powerful CPU than what you have, as he doesn't even have one in stock.

Then you resign and become content with the idea that your computer must be haunted or it simply developed an AI and hates you and that's why it seems to give you severely lower performances than it should.

Oh wait, that was Rift.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    For comparison; i run the below spec and it never drops for me in NWO, although that will really depend on how the servers hold up come 25th/27th/30th.

W7 64 bit
    i7 - 3820 @ 3.60
    16GB Ram
    HD 7950
  • Options
    l0cklynl0cklyn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have higher specs then I do, and I had great performance in the beta weekends.
  • Options
    gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Server should (notice the should, i don't know how this game is coded and how that could affect framerates) not matter when it comes to fps. It can appear choppy because of lag, but if you use the commands written earlier in the game you should see how many frames your computer is currently generating every second.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • Options
    elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Running mine with a Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 ghz
    16 gb ddr3 w/2166 pin ram
    hd 7950 w/3gb ram
    triple monitor setup so i can play game, check guild site, and have forums/wiki pulled up..check it out :)

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0b1c502c0a&view=att&th=13e41b41539e8307&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_sWQ2tie5PCMCibe8jTb0u&sadet=1366902311537&sads=-I-NzBXO1RXniANrjDpnd4i9duo
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You should do fine on max settings unless you stream (still you should do okay then aswell). You will probably get maxxed fps everywhere except the city.
  • Options
    eternaldetroiteternaldetroit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will warn you, though. Clean out your GPU fans before you get started to be safe. This game will tax your graphics card and if you're not careful you can have an overheating problem. Take 5 minutes now, save a headache later. :)