test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still on the rail!

rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure whether to spend 60$ and play early or save 60$ and play free for a few reasons:

1.) Never played beta, only saw videos.

2.) I think it would be more fun to earn everything free instead of paying money.

3.) Very broke at the moment! Only 400$ to my name :(
I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
Post edited by rasereiamok on

Comments

• Options
    vederiavederia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I see 1 pro and 3 cons to your situation :p Looks like you already made your choice for you.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    2.) I think it would be more fun to earn everything free instead of paying money.

Life would be more fun if I didn't have to pay for rent, food, electricity, and all sorts of other things, too. ;)

You can earn everything for free. Astral Diamonds, which you can earn in the game (also by selling items at the Auction House), can be exchanged for Zen, and Zen is what you use to get things from the cash store. The game has an exchange where you can trade ADs for Zen. It will take longer to get cash store stuff, but all can be earned within the game.

Also, new classes, new areas, etc. will all be free.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    sjforrestsjforrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I spent $80 and I think that's enough. I more like black horse, than spider. :)
  • Options
    vederiavederia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sjforrest wrote: »
    I spent $80 and I think that's enough. I more like black horse, than spider. :)

Guardian vs. HotN doesn't seem to be the issue here though :p
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure whether to spend 60$ and play early or save 60$ and play free for a few reasons:

1.) Never played beta, only saw videos.

3.) Very broke at the moment! Only 400$ to my name :(

Stay on that rail. It is better to build a savings than spend money in the game right now. You can always pay later when you are in a better situation. Honestly, the game experience itself is not all that much greater for paying. Paying just gives you nice stuff like mounts and such. You can still get them for free, they will just be slower. Think of it like going to a football game, is it really better to be up in the party suite or sitting in the stands or watching it on TV? Sure one might be "funner" but they are all still fun!
  • Options
    jd0ggjd0gg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd have to agree. Don't jeopardize real life for a game. It's seriously not worth that sacrifice. When your situation improves there will still be plenty of ways for you to support the game should that be your choice.
    JDogg, Original Gamester
    All Out Assault
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I'm deep in the red and I spent $60 just to play 3 days early, I don't care about anything else in the pack. Nominal difference to my minimum monthly payments. More fuel to boost my near perfect credit score to get me more plastic and loans. Sadly not sarcasm, crazy world we live in.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Heh, I am so tempted to say that the difference between having $400 and $200 isn't really substantial, but that is irresponsible. :p Instead I will be hypocritical and say that waiting a few extra days is no big deal!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    shootnlootshootnloot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    I decided that spending 200$ on HoTN was better than smoking it away. Then I spent 250 on a zip to improve my gaming experience. Then I payed my bills. Now I have a whopping 60$ to my name and I have to take the gf out this weekend on it... Sooo-- Chillies 2/20$? Lmao. I am a very irresponsible individual. :cool: Being irresponsible makes you cool. Join the club!! (that way i'm not the only broke one here :D )
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Wow, after paying for innumerable race and gender changes in wow, I thought I was throwing money out the window. I now realize I was actually quite cheap compared to some people.
  • Options
    adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry duplicate post. See below.
  • Options
    adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @shootnloot I have so been there. LOL. It's OK once in a while and if can still laugh about it. I would say make her a nice dinner at home and good lovin would probably work out too. LOL. Tell her you will watch "Smash" with her on Saturday night!
  • Options
    drowzendrowzen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, no decision required. If money is tight right now, don't spend it frivolously. The game will be here on Tuesday the 30th and it will be Free. Watch some streams this weekend and know that you're doing the right thing.
    Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter, and their respective logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the USA and other countries.

Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    shootnlootshootnloot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    She knew what she was getting into. I've never been a particularly responsible person unless it concerns work. unfortunately that solution only works if she feels like it. She know I'm always down and holds it over my head to get what she wants =P. To Op: now that we have discussed how horribly irresponsible we are with our HoTN packs you probably feel better about a guardian pack, eh?
  • Options
    rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to wait for the 30th.

With 200$, I can essentially make a lot more money with because 200$ is 1 buy-in at 1/2 NL at Foxwoods. (I am a professional poker player with no bankroll) So, I will wait for the free game and save my money which is what my plan was. I gotta save 2,000$ so I can start playing poker again.
    I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!