test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Neverwinter Armory - Now Recruiting!

hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey all, been a while ^-^ Some of you will remember a project I started around a month ago in BW2 - a very limited armory - that never really took off for various reasons (Organizing deployment style, Neverwinter now ignoring me on Twitter... :rolleyes:).

With OB approaching, I figured I'd get the ball rolling again with a recruitment drive. I am currently looking for a small team of web developers to start working on the interface with me. I would prefer ASP.net for the back-end, though standard PHP/HTML/CSS may be easier for the front-end. If you're interested, you can PM me here (Responses may be delayed, I'm yet to set up email notifications) or email me at Hipolipolopigus@gmail.com (Almost always a direct line to me, unless I'm sleeping). Applicants should include a link to a portfolio and/or archived source code, but make sure to remove sensitive information! If you would like to show off a Neverwinter-themed application, there will be a bunch of archived, converted UI resources from the current Neverwinter client at the end of this post.

UNA will be run on Windows Azure using my own resources and will be open-source once it has minimum functionality (Build sharing will most likely be the milestone for this). We will not ask for donations and there will not be premium services. Everything will be available to everyone.

These extracted resources are up-to-date as of 25/04/2013, GMT+12. Most of what you'll be interested in are contained in the "Icons" and "Kits" folders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
Post edited by hipolipolopigus on

Comments

• moodsmoods Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am wondering why you would do this when theres an official armory called Gateway that more than covers everything you'd ever need outside the game.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't aware of that, been inactive for quite some time. Doesn't appear to be functional, though. Will check it out once OB starts, if it's not functional for our 5-day advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • moodsmoods Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't aware of that, been inactive for quite some time. Doesn't appear to be functional, though. Will check it out once OB starts, if it's not functional for our 5-day advance.

Fair enough, its been functional in the latest betas and in alpha aswell, it lets you view your characters gear/stats and everything about it, lets you chat ingame, and you can manage your crafting from it aswell, there was a few other functionalities, but im forgetting what they were right now.

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
  • allodoxaallodoxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been an inactive post for a few weeks this but i felt it was worth mentioning for anyone that is working on an Armory type app that once logged into the gateway you can effectively view anyones character by changing the web address from "http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(YOURCHAR@YOURACCALIAS)/charactersheet" to that of the player you wish to view
    For instance if someone on my friends is listed as johndoe@omgwtfbbq then changing the web address to "http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(johndoe@omgwtfbbq)/charactersheet" will display the Johndoe character profile.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just don't charge money for it (again, cuz gateway exists) and i'm all in.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad necros! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]